All Blogs | Prev Blog | Next Blog

498 READERS
Jump to

Picture Usage tracking

4:30pm, 11 Jul 2024
Today I've been working on providing a bit more linkage between the photos in the gallery and the places where they get used. As an example, here's the oldest pic on the site:

If you click the image above, it'll take you to the image page. And there, just above the picture you'll see a bunch of green buttons. These show you the places where it's been used. In this case I've:

1) attached it to the race that it came from (my first ever);
2) used it in a blog titled 'Gallery upload options';
3) used it in a blog titled 'Happy 19th Birthday';
4) used it in a thread titled 'First Race'.

The blog and thread links should take you to the relevant entry/page.

I think this will be very useful for following up on interesting pictures that turn up in the gallery. I often see gallery images uploaded by Nicholls595 and wonder "where the heck is he posting that?" :-) Now it's easy :-)

And all those pics that say "For my blog" or somesuch - now you have an easy way to go and read that blog.

I've also made another change today - but some people are reporting that it's not working for them. So I'd appreciate some feedback on how you're getting on with it. Basically, when you click one of the notifications that tell you there are new posts on a thread, it *should* scroll down the page to the relevant new post. Is that working for you? Sometimes? Never? Share your device/browser so I can see if there's any trend relating to that.

Cheerio.
Click here to suggest fetcheveryone's blog for today's highlights.

Comments

• Looks like you've been busy on a few features. Thanks!

One question, re pics, and not a request yet, do you store, or could you easily, the original photo filename (eg IMG_1234.jpg) ?

Forum notifications? Sorry, don't use that, just the watch list notifications to the right of the threads (on a Windows 10 pc), which always takes me to the top of the page with the first new/unread post.
    um
    4:45pm, 11th Jul 2024
  • I don't store the original filenames at all.
    4:54pm, 11th Jul 2024
  • Not working for me. Chrome on a a laptop running Windows 11
    LindsD
    4:59pm, 11th Jul 2024
  • working for me - firefox on windows 11
    GetOutTheDoor
    5:14pm, 11th Jul 2024
  • Great about the picture usage. That is going to be very useful.

Regards to the forum notifications - earlier today I was still being taken to the top of the relevant page, but I've tried again just now and it is scrolling to the first unread post.
    Flatlander
    5:27pm, 11th Jul 2024
  • Working now :) thanks
    LindsD
    5:33pm, 11th Jul 2024
  • Ah no. I'm stupid. It's working on my phone #oldperson
    LindsD
    5:33pm, 11th Jul 2024
  • I didn't work for a few days ( last weekend?). It's been fine the last few days. ( Google pixel 6a)
    DocM
    5:49pm, 11th Jul 2024
  • the scrolling down to new posts thingy worked (and confused me!) on my windows laptop.
    GordonG
    6:04pm, 11th Jul 2024
  • Seems to be working fine for me thanks.
    Dave W
    6:35pm, 11th Jul 2024
  • You've been very busy on the updates and I really thank you for the saving posts so we dont lose them when we get distracted by life. Love the idea of seeing the context to pics thanks!
    geordiegirl
    7:34pm, 11th Jul 2024
  • scrolling works on Mac/Safari, although not a v smooth animation.
    flanker
    7:37pm, 11th Jul 2024
  • Forum thingy working on my iPhone 8SE using Chrome
    Mark J 🇳🇿
    8:16pm, 11th Jul 2024
  • I heart this. I often browse the gallery and wonder where a particular interesting photo got used (if I can't work it out, sometimes I just comment on the photo itself, which I guess is OK enough). Now I'll know!

The scrolling thread thing just about works, although it goes slightly too far down the page and hides the very top of the last post box. (I didn't have a problem with the way it worked before thobut.)
    Oranj
    8:20pm, 11th Jul 2024
  • thank you.
    ChrisHB
    8:54pm, 11th Jul 2024
  • Thread scrolling works well for me on.

💙 it !
    Bob!
    10:05pm, 11th Jul 2024
  • Thread scrolling working nicely for me! Chrome on Android.
    3M
    12:04am, 12th Jul 2024
  • Scrolling on the laptop now to the first unread post.
    But I typically need to scroll back a bit to remind me of the context of the posts. I assume I'll soon get used to it.
    um
    8:09am, 12th Jul 2024
  • Ooh, this was one of my wishes. Awesome. Thanks Fetch! :-) G
    HappyG(rrr)
    8:22am, 12th Jul 2024
  • Did old pictures have their links or IDs changed? Looking at some older ones

fetcheveryone.com/gallery-showphoto.php?id=71955 No green buttons

But used in this blog
    fetcheveryone.com/blog-share.php?id=324760

Want me to put it in a Bug Report? Cheers, :-) G
    HappyG(rrr)
    8:31am, 12th Jul 2024
  • I wonder if I used a shorter version of the tag at the time eg IMG instead of IMAGE. If you edit the blog it’ll show you.
    8:37am, 12th Jul 2024
  • Tracked them down now - yep, was an older code, but it checked out :-)
    9:34am, 12th Jul 2024
  • Thread scrolling works on Safari on iPadOS 17.5.1
    Pothunter
    10:17am, 12th Jul 2024
  • If anyone *doesn't like* the forum scrolling, there's an option to turn it off here: fetcheveryone.com/user-settings-forum.php (untick the final option)
    10:18am, 12th Jul 2024
  • Scrolling seems to be working on Pixel 8 pro - Android 14
    Gooner
    10:41am, 12th Jul 2024
  • Working for me now on laptop Chrome and Windows 11. Thank you.
    LindsD
    11:11am, 12th Jul 2024

Nice beats per mile graph

12:50pm, 9 Jul 2024
I've made some amendments to the *final graph* on this page (Training > Summary & Analysis > Heart Rate Analysis):

fetcheveryone.com/training-analysis-heartrate.php

Warning - it's a bit of a slow loader (typically 7-10s), because the page has to comb through a lot of data to produce the summary.

Beats per mile is a simplified way of measuring your running efficiency.

Think of it like fuel economy in your car. It's the number of times your heart has to beat to propel you for a mile. You can run that mile very fast, but your heart rate will be very quick. Or you can run it slowly, and your heart rate will be much lower. Beats per mile aims to provide an overall measure that can cope with both.

Over months and years, your car may become less fuel efficient as the tyres wear, the nuts and bolts loosen, or your engine bloody eats itself just outside Wolverhampton leaving you stranded in the M6 services for hours on end, before getting towed home by a tow-truck driver who is multi-tasking by BUYING THINGS ON SODDING EBAY AS HE DRIVES.

But for you, this happens over the course of a run, as your muscles get tired and you get a bit dehydrated, hungry etc.

The beats per mile graph shows this drop in efficiency for the later miles in your runs. The theory is that as you get fitter, the whole red line drops downwards.

The old graph used to be a mess of 12 lines, each one representing the beats per mile graph for a given month. To make that more readable, I've changed it to provide an overall average - which (for me at least) produces a nice smooth red line. My first 8 miles are all in the low 1300's, gently creeping up, but by the time I get into double digit runs, my efficiency has worsened and I'm getting closer to 1400.

Beyond 17 miles, mine goes a bit bananas. This is partly down to me maybe doing a bit more walking at longer distances, but also because there's not as much data for me at this distance. To help illustrate the lack of data aspect, the green area on the map shows the amount of times I've run a given distance. There's a lot of green down below 5 miles, because I pretty much always run at least 5 miles, but this tapers away as the runs get longer.

I hope you like it, and that you have a nice day.

Click here to suggest fetcheveryone's blog for today's highlights.

Comments

• very interesting... thank you for this new feature! :)
    usc215
    1:13pm, 9th Jul 2024
  • Great. Very useful.
    GlennR
    1:22pm, 9th Jul 2024
  • Interesting. My graph may be paradoxical. Sharp rise 1 > 2, nearly level 2 > 5, jump up at 6 ... then a steady drop until 10, which is lower than anything bar 1. 1102 per KM at 6, 1012 at 10.
    Dvorak
    2:56pm, 9th Jul 2024
  • Do you do much walking/stopping on your longer ones?
    3:01pm, 9th Jul 2024
  • The longer runs are split between run-walks and 10K races. As most of the rest apart from parkruns (which are (checks) 22% of distance) are also run-walk, I think it is the running at race pace brings the numbers down. More speed = more efficiency.
    Dvorak
    3:12pm, 9th Jul 2024
  • I loved this graph the way it was, I used to try and get my monthly line lower than the previous month, and it was a way of seeing which months my longer runs were in over the last year. Any chance of an option to keep the old one?
    Podkin
    3:43pm, 9th Jul 2024
  • I do like a good graph, and this is one 😁
    Gooner
    4:00pm, 9th Jul 2024
  • Podkin - I've added an extra line that shows your average over the last 60 days. Keeping that below the red line should give you a more-or-less equivalent challenge.
    4:01pm, 9th Jul 2024
  • This is what my life has been lacking. Thanks Fetch
    DocM
    4:14pm, 9th Jul 2024
  • Thanks Fetch
    Podkin
    5:55pm, 9th Jul 2024
  • Very good work, Fetch :)
    but I think mine shows either very little movement at checkpoints or the position of the hills in the Lakeland 50 :) :)
    Rosehip
    9:15pm, 9th Jul 2024
  • do images work in comments?
    Rosehip
    9:16pm, 9th Jul 2024
  • Mine is sensible up to 20 miles, then goes mad! But it is the dealing with single data sets.
    Cool graph.
    cackleberry
    9:27pm, 9th Jul 2024
  • I once asked an uber driver to not message people on WhatsApp whilst driving at 70 miles an hour on the freeway. He gave me a shit customer review in return.
    cathrobinson
    10:38pm, 9th Jul 2024
  • Have we lost HR graph with new training, for indoor (non GPS, no miles/distance ) activities like gym/strength ? Used to a graph of HR by time (not distance) you could toggle. Can't see that now. Shall I put in as bug or feature request? Nice beats per mile work there. :-) G
    HappyG(rrr)
    7:22am, 10th Jul 2024
  • That graph is there now - you just need to click the HR button to turn it on.
    3:28pm, 10th Jul 2024
  • Fandabbydosy. :-) G
    HappyG(rrr)
    9:52am, 11th Jul 2024

Thanks for the donation Jeff Bezos :-)

1:10pm, 8 Jul 2024
A couple of months ago, a bunch of you were kind enough to sign up to 30 day free trials for Audible, Kindle Unlimited, and Amazon Wedding Lists (!). Each one you signed up to earned some cash for Fetcheveryone through Amazon's 'Associate' scheme.

I've spotted another one today - it's the Amazon Music Unlimited service. It is (I guess) like other streaming music services - but if it's not of interest, you can sign up and then cancel it straight away (or within 30 days). Each person who signs up earns £4.50 for Fetcheveryone. How very public spirited of Mr Bezos. Here's the music link:

amazon.co.uk

and if you missed the chance to sign up for the others, and have nothing better to do, here's the full list of links along with the bounties they command. Yaaaarrrr :-)

Audible Free Trial (£5)
amazon.co.uk

Kindle Unlimited (£3)
amazon.co.uk

Amazon Wedding List (£3.50)
amazon.co.uk
(it seems there is no requirement to be getting married, to have a partner, or even to like other people)

Amazon Prime (£3)
amazon.co.uk

Amazon Prime Video (£3)
amazon.co.uk

Amazon Prime Video Channels (£3)
(I've no idea what the difference is between this and the last one)
amazon.co.uk

Amazon Kids+ (£3)
amazon.co.uk

Amazon Baby Wishlist (£1.50)
amazon.co.uk

Amazon Prime Student (£3)
amazon.co.uk

Amazon Try Before You Buy (£1.50)
amazon.co.uk

Cheers Jeff :-)
Click here to suggest fetcheveryone's blog for today's highlights.

Comments

• See! Amazon isn’t all bad :-P
    cathrobinson
    1:12pm, 8th Jul 2024
  • They even be Trades Union representation at their warehouse, sorry dream fulfilment center, Coventry.
    Ocelot Spleens
    1:32pm, 8th Jul 2024
  • Done - somehow I got 5 months free
    minardi
    2:05pm, 8th Jul 2024
  • What’s the catch? Seems too good to be true!
    Alice the Camel
    4:19pm, 8th Jul 2024
  • I guess they figure that enough people will either (a) like the thing enough to keep using it or (b) forget to cancel. Bounties probably priced accordingly.
    4:21pm, 8th Jul 2024
  • I'm getting an error with the music link.
    RunnyBunny
    5:28pm, 8th Jul 2024
  • There is possibly an issue with this folks, having used the link it automatically upgraded me to a Family plan and charger me, I'm talking to amazon regards it now........

Kedi

Customer Service
    My goodness I'm sorry to hear this. Let me look into that for you.
    I see what you mean. I will cancel and refund it for you at once.
    Upon checking, it looks like this error is an emerging issue which is widespread and has been brought to our attention, our technicians have been deployed to look into and resolve the issue. I am so sorry for the inconvenience. Please allow me a moment to add your account to the ticket as well
    K19:45
    Thank you, that would be very kind of you
    19:45
    Kedi

Customer Service
    I've cancelled and refunded the charge back to your card. I have also included you in the resolution ticket, here's the ticket number for your reference: ***********
    Velo_Dirtbag
    7:49pm, 8th Jul 2024
  • Blimey, which link was that?
    7:50pm, 8th Jul 2024
  • I've sent you a message Fetch
    Velo_Dirtbag
    7:56pm, 8th Jul 2024

F'laps 2024 is done!

9:46am, 7 Jul 2024
Or nearly. As I write, I'm refreshing the F'laps page every so often to see if Goofee will run one more mile to claim the Mile Division title outright, or whether it'll end with a tie with honestmackem.

About six months ago, I thought this was a great idea.

Then about a month ago, I thought "what the f**k have I let myself in for".

I guess my feelings mirrored those of Fetchies, because initially we had about 160+ people signed up, but for various reasons, there was a whittling of numbers. Holidays abroad were booked, dogs needed grooming, sheds needed tidying, gonk collections needed cataloguing :-)

Fearing anger and reprisal from our neighbours, we restricted ourselves to only inviting the local Fetchies to join us at Fetch HQ aka our house :-) We ended up with a small-but-perfectly-formed group of 8 taking on the challenge, and they turned up just before 9am in the pouring rain, but with spirits undampened. Loggerhead and Leatherback (they come as a pair; I'm trying to make Leatherhead happen) arrived on the stroke of 9, just as we were all shuffling out of the door - so there was no opportunity for a 'before' shot.

Everyone had a different goal. Rosehip wanted to start with the full 4.167, with the intention of dropping down the divisions later. I wanted to run 5k's. Leatherback was aiming for 2 milers. Loggerhead and Elsie Too wanted to run miles. Katie set out with the intention of walking each mile. And EdJ said he was just there for the bantz :-) I know that's only seven people, but more on that in a bit.

My first F'laps went pretty well. Because it was raining pretty heavy, I wore my stretchy base layer - this is excellent for making sure I don't get chafing on my nips. I tried really hard to take it easy, but fell into my regular running pace like a needle in a groove. I'd plotted a route round the village that gave me almost exactly 5k, but each time I had to run just a dozen yards or so past the house. I know I could have stopped when my watch showed 3.11, but I didn't want to risk falling slightly short, so my distances were all 3.13-3.15 to be on the safe side.

Finishing F'lap 1, I had to be reminded to check in :-) And it left me with 26 minutes to faff about. Given that most of my runs these days are over 10k, I was mainly *shrugs shoulders*. But with wet kit on, I pretty soon got a bit cold and dug out a hoodie. I'd already gotten a bit cold - so that was a learning point for next time.

F'lap 2 was much of the same. Same route, same pace (just a smidge quicker). But I got my hoodie on quickly, and had some crisps and a drink. In hindsight, I should have taken on more carbs throughout the day - but the crisps were nice. Elsie Too had also brought a melon, which was nectar-like. I retrieved my mock-crocs from the office, to insulate my feet from the coldness of the kitchen floor.

On F'lap 3, the rain had lessened (or should that be fewered?) but I stuck with the same plan. I also ran a few yards with Katie, who'd been encouraged to run for the first time in ages :-) A flaps win right there! And on returning, we had a brief moment where we were all together for an ussy. Can you see how much I struggled to get everyone in shot here? Katie had to bob and weave like a young George Foreman.

On F'lap 4, it stopped raining. I was still pretty wet from the previous outings, so this helped me overheating from the double layers. Got back to the house to see we'd been joined by Silvershadow and Nightjar. The former admitted to some FOMO, so as a group we cajoled her into getting involved (the flexible start time working wonders here). Her house is about half a mile from us, so she did her first F'lap going to get her kit :-)

On F'lap 5 it got quite a bit warmer, the wind picked up, my chest got a bit wheezy, and my legs complained. I have a bit of (maybe) bruising on the bottom of my left foot which I'm keeping an eye on - and it made itself known, as did my left hamstring. I got back to the house, and perhaps for the first time, I felt like I had a fair bit to do. I changed my kit entirely, opting for a vest this time. I had a toot on my inhaler. I attempted to stretch out my hamstring a bit. And I decided on a new route to counter the wind - running straight into it for the first half, so it'd be behind me at my most tired point.

On F'lap 6, with all the irony of a scrap man, it fricking threw it down just as we were leaving the house. My base layer was under two inches of water in the bath (to try to stop my stink filling the whole house), so I just got on with the run, and hoped that somehow my chest had developed chafe-resistance since the last 100 times I've chafed in the rain. The route worked reasonably well, although getting used to a different elevation profile at this late stage was a bit challenging. Back to the house for more stretching and poor fuelling. When the time came to go, I really REALLY didn't want to get off my chair.

On F'lap 7, I reverted to my usual route. The starts and stops (and the running bit in between) had taken their toll, and I was increasingly having to be careful for the first few hundred yards to give my leg muscles a chance to stretch back out to running. Weirdly, each of my first six laps were all slightly quicker than their predecessor. This was really NOT by design. I'd been trying to take it easy. I'd gone from 29:49 for the first down to 28:30 for the sixth. But this was definitely the end of that trend. My legs felt pretty dead the whole way round. The slight downhill of the third mile of the route did not bring the joy that it had previously. And I got home just absolutely ready to stop.

It was time to sit on the kitchen floor, and I made my mind up very quickly that I was done. I'd covered 22 miles, and I was really pleased with my efforts. I need to add an "I'm tapping out" button for next time.

Highlights from my route include:

1) the mysterious pink scooter

2) the unusable portaloo, strapped to a lamp post. I wonder if it had been on a stag night.

I think just about everybody in our group got something out of the experience. Katie ran for the first time in ages (having been focused on her swim of course). Leatherback ran further than he'd run for a long time. Elsie ran 7 miles which was a great achievement on her return to form after long Covid. Silvershadow ran miles she didn't expect to run. Loggerhead was so keen to continue that they were discussing scheduling a run on their car journey home in order to keep going. Rosehip left with plans to continue. And EdJ (who can probably outrun us all) seemed to enjoy his jaffa cakes :-)

Looking at the challenge as a whole, we had 49 participants. There have been some amazing performances. Various people reporting that they've gone further than they expected. Lots of people saying they're in for next year already. I am so pleased that it's been fun, albeit somewhat sadomasochistic :-)

I'll get on with making some badges when I am back at my desk tomorrow. But there are some winners to announce.

4.167 mile division
The distance is such that if you continue for 24 hours you get 100 miles. The hardest challenge due to the short recovery time. As such, there were only five competitors here, but theOtherRichard takes the division with an impressive 9 F'laps. Well done!

5k division
With 12 participants, there was quite a fight going on midway through the day. But CumbriAndy squashed the others by some way, starting at 8am and continuing until gone 3 in the morning! 20x5k! Amazing effort sir!

2 mile division
A much tighter finish amongst the 8 participants, and it went right down to the wire. Cheeky's Dad pushed on into the early hours to fend off the challenge from Gromit and win the division with 17x2 miles. Brilliant!

1 mile division
A very busy division with 24 competitors. There were four or five still going when I crawled into bed last night at about 9pm. So imagine my surprise when I looked at my phone this morning to discover that two of them were STILL BLOODY GOING. I thought it would end in a tie between Goofee and honestmackem, both of whom had completed 24x1 mile. But I got an fmail from Goofee to say that my code had been broken by his incredible efforts recording his 25th F'lap! And guess what, he's STILL AT IT!

If you want to cheer him on or congratulate him on his efforts, you can call into the F'Laps thread here: fetcheveryone.com/forum/f-laps-2024-62820 - although I'm tempted to say it's borderline irresponsible of us to encourage him now :-)

I am so pleased with how the day went. I hope it's a kernel of interest that will encourage more of you to get involved next year. Some folks asked about doing it on a Sunday instead - but the Saturday start has enabled people to continue through the night. I've added the event for this time next year - why not enter now and get wildly optimistic. Who knows where that might lead? :-)

fetcheveryone.com/races/f-laps-9978508
Click here to suggest fetcheveryone's blog for today's highlights.

Comments

• Absolutely loved it - defo count me in for next year, great work setting it up 💪
    Gromit
    9:53am, 7th Jul 2024
  • I loved it too, though it now has the slightly unreal air of a heavy stag do on the morning after (without the hangover)
    Cheeky’s Dad
    10:05am, 7th Jul 2024
  • That’s a great way to describe it Cheeky 😂😂
    Gromit
    10:14am, 7th Jul 2024
  • Sounds like a brilliant day!
    cathrobinson
    10:17am, 7th Jul 2024
  • even though i had to cancel too early, it was an absolut great event! :) 👍
    maybe you could prepare the next F'Laps for the whole weekend? ;)
    usc215
    10:19am, 7th Jul 2024
  • Thank you so much for giving us this. No PBs or amazing achievements for me but it was fun and that's always a winner
    DocM
    10:19am, 7th Jul 2024
  • It's been (and continues to be) really enjoyable. Those of you who did the longer distances had a far harder time than I'm having, the effect of reduced recovery time magnifies so quickly. I'm already looking forward to the next one! :-)
    Goofee
    10:28am, 7th Jul 2024
  • Fabulous! Thanks so much. Next time (oh gods!) I might have to figure out what training and eating should look like. Was actually looking forward to doing night time laps so will have to get further. Phys booked already for hamstring!
    JustCommando!
    10:41am, 7th Jul 2024
  • Thank you for organising this Fetch, such fun but my legs aren't so keen on you this morning!
    minardi
    10:43am, 7th Jul 2024
  • I loved it. Next year I will start even earlier (6am this year) and may alternate between running and walking miles as next year's goal is to go from sunrise to sunset. Thanks Fetch for organising and huge well done to the winners!
    PS. Non-Fetchie friends all seemed to respond with the same word when I told them what I was doing 'Bonkers!' Yes, but in a good way:-)
    LazyDaisy
    10:48am, 7th Jul 2024
  • Some outstanding performances :) I chickened out a couple of weeks before, but I've been quite inspired. And I don't get inspired by much nowadays.
    Velociraptor
    11:06am, 7th Jul 2024
  • it was brilliant, should have stayed longer - (I only got 1x2 and 2x1 done when I got home) Great way to get lots of time on feet and practice fuelling and the running again
    Rosehip
    11:24am, 7th Jul 2024
  • Thanks for coming up with this and well done on your running. Although I only did five miles, with parkrun it's my furthest day in over a year. And since I've entered my first half marathon in eight years and this is training week one, F'laps helped me get off to a flying start.
    Dvorak
    11:44am, 7th Jul 2024
  • Brilliant - well done, all F’lappers!
    ♪♫ Synge ♪♫
    11:46am, 7th Jul 2024
  • Sounds like a brilliant day. Not my thing but I'm glad others enjoyed it.
    Ness
    11:51am, 7th Jul 2024
  • You have all made it sound quite fun, but I'm not sure it's for me!
    Autumnleaves
    1:01pm, 7th Jul 2024
  • Many thanks again for the idea and everything that went into pulling it all together. Really happy to have had the chance to push myself in a completely new way. I hope a way can be found to accommodate people running a few laps on Sunday too
    CumbriAndy
    1:57pm, 7th Jul 2024
  • I'd have liked to have joined in but we'd booked our holiday before you committed to a date. Maybe next year.
    Fenland Flier
    3:37pm, 7th Jul 2024
  • I’ve got FOMO 😁 I need to be more organised next year. When I told Mrs C about it, she asked why I wasn’t doing it, so that’s a good start!
    chunkywizard
    6:24pm, 7th Jul 2024
  • I really thought I'd only get 5 or 6 F'Laps, even with 1 mile. Got upto 14! My only issue was even though I uploaded everything straight away kept forgetting to press the button. Anyway of the code doing it for me next time Fetch? So many friends were intrigued and fancy doing the challenge!
    TBR (TheBeardRunner)
    8:56pm, 7th Jul 2024
  • I really wanted to do it but the little one had an MRI appointment come through which scuppered the planned early start and then a family visit in the afternoon meant a no there too so couldn't. Also in between night shifts for next year so it needs to keep going so that I can be in with a shout for the year after!
    Gooner
    9:21pm, 7th Jul 2024
  • It was the furthest I've ever run in a day 😁 - I did a 25 mile charity walk about 30 years ago but it's the most ground I've covered since then. And amazingly not too sore today - managed a swim this morning and a 3 mile walk this evening! Thanks again for organising and hosting!
    Leatherback
    9:23pm, 7th Jul 2024
  • I really thought I had 8 full laps in me, but it wasn't to be and I called it a day at the marathon. Thanks for putting this on, and I'm definitely interested in going again!
    ptr_runner
    9:39pm, 7th Jul 2024
  • Well done all the Flappers. Backyard ultras are... special! ;-) :-) G
    HappyG(rrr)
    9:45pm, 7th Jul 2024
  • Well done to you and all the flappers:)
    .B.
    10:11pm, 7th Jul 2024
  • FOMO nearly had me turning up to walk one F'lap, but common sense meant I booked myself as RD for MCPFOMVwxy instead. Well done all, it sounds like an annual event in the making.
    Helegant
    10:50pm, 7th Jul 2024
  • Brilliant! 😀
    phal
    11:04pm, 7th Jul 2024
  • Lots of fun, well done all and thanks for setting this up Fetch
    FunkyPOM
    1:19am, 8th Jul 2024
  • Sorry to have missed it. Would be keen for next year.
    Lizzle
    3:20pm, 9th Jul 2024
  • Also keen for next year
    LindsD
    9:45pm, 10th Jul 2024
  • Belated thanks for organising this - both 'globally' and locally. And thank you for your and Katie's hospitality on the day. I really enjoyed it, and am already looking forward to next year!
    EdJ
    10:32am, 11th Jul 2024

F'laps - three laps in

11:53am, 6 Jul 2024
Having good fun here. I've done 3x5k, and we have a mixture of distances. Nice to catch up with everyone after each effort. Stopped raining on the third one - but I kind of missed the rain.

There's an extra badge for the best F'laps picture. Post your pics on the F'Laps thread:

fetcheveryone.com/forum/f-laps-2024-62820

Click here to suggest fetcheveryone's blog for today's highlights.

Comments

• Excellent!
    Ness
    12:00pm, 6th Jul 2024
  • I don’t miss the rain
    Elsie Too
    12:26pm, 6th Jul 2024
  • Fabulous :-)
    cathrobinson
    1:14pm, 6th Jul 2024
  • was a differently fun morning, looking forward to next year :)
    Rosehip
    5:25pm, 6th Jul 2024

Me in Women's Running magazine :-)

5:05pm, 4 Jul 2024
A couple of months ago, I wrote the right-hand half of this :-) It's on news stands now :-)

Click here to suggest fetcheveryone's blog for today's highlights.

Comments

• But I thought if it wasn’t on strava it didn’t happen?
    NDWDave
    5:13pm, 4th Jul 2024
  • If I don't ever go there, did strava happen?
    5:16pm, 4th Jul 2024
  • 🙂
    JCB
    5:25pm, 4th Jul 2024
  • I have never used strava (is that like saying “I’ve never seen Star Wars”?) not in the slightest bit attracted to it.
    Non-runner
    5:28pm, 4th Jul 2024
  • You win heart
    minardi
    5:30pm, 4th Jul 2024
  • Very well argued heart
    Rosehip
    5:42pm, 4th Jul 2024
  • All the benefits the running coach describes are available for free on Fetch. It must’ve been difficult to write that without appearing to totally diss strava something I also have never done.
    Diogenes
    5:42pm, 4th Jul 2024
  • Well said 👍
    northernslowcoach
    6:15pm, 4th Jul 2024
  • Love this. Well said.
    LindsD
    6:20pm, 4th Jul 2024
  • Nice bit of promotion 👏
    roberton
    6:46pm, 4th Jul 2024
  • Excellent piece Ian, well said.
    Sigh
    6:48pm, 4th Jul 2024
  • Well done :)
    .B.
    7:31pm, 4th Jul 2024
  • I like the closing statement very much and fervently want to believe it. Nice bit of PR :-)
    Northern Exile
    7:46pm, 4th Jul 2024
  • Great advice 😀
    Seratonin
    8:48pm, 4th Jul 2024
  • You win hands down.
    GimmeMedals
    9:15pm, 4th Jul 2024
  • 👍
    usc215
    9:49pm, 4th Jul 2024
  • If a runner falls in a forest, and it's not on strava did it happen?

Nicely written piece - gets the point across without being too heavy-handed.
    Silent Runner
    10:24pm, 4th Jul 2024
  • Can I have your autograph?
    Alice the Camel
    10:33pm, 4th Jul 2024
  • I do use strava as well but only because I am part of a Coros beta testing group. I get all my data insights from either the Coros training hub or Fetch. I won't pay for strava as when I joined it gave a free trial for full access, and it really didn't give me anything I don't already get from here and Coros. So there.
    Mark J 🇳🇿
    11:58pm, 4th Jul 2024
  • I’m only on ‘the other site’ because a lot of my ex-clubmates use it. I accidentally selected the free trial option earlier in the year and found that it didn’t really unlock many more benefits that Fetch doesn’t already provide. What’s more, the ‘Segments’ are clearly broken in most cases, with world record paces all around, so I can’t see how they provide much motivation to people!
    Funky Chicken
    7:49am, 5th Jul 2024
  • I’ve never used the orange site and the more I hear about it the less I like it.
    laterunner
    8:25am, 5th Jul 2024
  • Coveted kudos my arse - I know full well that people who following me don't even look at the training they just hit the kudos button and move on, some will leave the exact same comment on every piece of training I do and on everyone else's that they follow. That's not feedback or useful. I'm on strava purely because my clubmates use it and I'm really sad that I haven't been able to convert any of them to here even though many have benefitted from the routes I've mapped on here for training runs :(
    Runningbauble21
    9:33am, 5th Jul 2024
  • Fetch does everything that I could wish for - I need nothing else.
    Albert O Balsam
    12:43pm, 5th Jul 2024
  • Great article. Well done. Will we see new arrivals now?! (Are you able to track / identify such a thing? e.g. if they read it on shop.womensrunning.co.uk ? :-) G
    HappyG(rrr)
    12:53pm, 5th Jul 2024
  • It would be interesting to see the feedback womensrunning get in response to that feature.
    Diogenes
    2:34pm, 5th Jul 2024
  • It will be interesting how many new signups/visitors it generates for you...
    Jen HB
    6:16pm, 5th Jul 2024

Add A Race - Usability followup

2:58pm, 4 Jul 2024
I've just been through your comments on my blog from Friday, where I asked you to try adding races to our database:

fetcheveryone.com/blog/3/2024/6/485495

The things that seemed significant were:

1) not obvious how to add events from the race finder page
2) not obvious how to quickly add a second distance

There are basically three places where you can search for races.

1) the home page: fetcheveryone.com/
2) the 'Race' page: fetcheveryone.com/race
3) the 'Race Finder' page: fetcheveryone.com/race-finder.php

The first two just allow you to put a location in, and they lead to the third.

There was a big green button on (2) titled 'Click here to add an event'. But after your feedback, I've added another button on (3) titled 'Add New Events'. There was already a text link on this page, but buttons are always more eyecatching - good spotting folks.

And previously, when you added an event, you'd just be redirected to the finished listing. I've added an interstitial page now that gives you four options:

1) view your newly created listing
2) create a second distance for this event
3) create a copy of this event on another day
4) add a different event

Hopefully these take a few steps and a bit of the legwork out of adding multiples.

Another successful usability experiment! Thanks for your help everyone. If you've got any suggestions on what I should test next, give me a shout in the comments :-)
Click here to suggest fetcheveryone's blog for today's highlights.

Comments

#dogsandwivesatpollingstations

9:31am, 4 Jul 2024

Fingers crossed.
Click here to suggest fetcheveryone's blog for today's highlights.

Comments

• heart
    LindsD
    9:55am, 4th Jul 2024
  • Vote early, vote often!
    larkim
    10:16am, 4th Jul 2024
  • paws crossed
    The great dollop
    10:25am, 4th Jul 2024
  • Sunny!
    Ocelot Spleens
    10:41am, 4th Jul 2024
  • good work. I'm going when Mrs C is back from work.
    chunkywizard
    11:04am, 4th Jul 2024
  • Done here, but taking the dog later
    DocM
    12:49pm, 4th Jul 2024
  • Posted mine first class on Monday. Fingers crossed indeed!
    Angus Clydesdale
    12:49pm, 4th Jul 2024
  • Did you post the dog too Angus?
    12:52pm, 4th Jul 2024
  • Thank goodness for a dry day.
    cathrobinson
    1:34pm, 4th Jul 2024
  • Proxy vote being done for me.
    Eynsham Red
  • Fingers and toes crossed
    jennywren
    3:28pm, 4th Jul 2024
  • Hope that your dog has photo ID 😉
    Seratonin
    4:19pm, 4th Jul 2024
  • That's definitely him in the picture :-)
    4:19pm, 4th Jul 2024
  • I was expecting more than one of each
    Nightjar
    7:37am, 5th Jul 2024

Cadence Filter - a little tweak

3:46pm, 1 Jul 2024
Last week I introduced a new option in the Splits dropdown when viewing your training entry.

The idea was that if you do, say, an interval session or a run-walk, Fetch can automagically break the entry up into its constituent segments based on your cadence. It makes graphs like this:

And that all seemed to be well-received, aside from the folks who run their recoveries rather than walk them. I'd used a fixed value of 140 - making the assumption that everything below 140 was walking, and everything above was running. But as I hinted at the time, I recognise that this threshold could well be different for everyone.

And as promised, I've brought in some flexibility. Instead of one 'Cadence' option in the splits box, I've added a bunch of them, starting at 'Cadence 130' right up to 'Cadence 190', in increments of 10. This allows you to choose the threshold. (Side note: the threshold you choose appears in the URL - so if you want to be more precise, you can achieve this by editing the URL).

I pointed this at Bowman's entry from the comments section. He did a Strides session (for the uninformed: repeated short bursts of quicker stuff in amongst some easier-paced running). In the image below, the top graph splits the run using 140 strides per minute - and tells us nothing. The second graph uses 170str/min, and like little hamsters under a night-vision camera, you can see the efforts standing out clearly :-)

There are still a few bugs e.g. zp reported that the cadence tool had "a bit of a meltdown" on this run: fetcheveryone.com/training/23233005/cadence/140 - I think I can do a bit of tidying here. Drops (or increases) in cadence that last less than (say 2-3 seconds) can probably be ignored. For now, it seems to be doing a decent job of pulling out efforts from otherwise faceless training entries - so I'm pretty pleased with it :-) But do share your oddities. I know you love it :-)
Click here to suggest fetcheveryone's blog for today's highlights.

Comments

• Awesome :) thanks! I’ll play around a bit and try it out!
    Bowman 🇸🇪
    4:21pm, 1st Jul 2024
  • Excellent.
    GlennR
    4:40pm, 1st Jul 2024
  • ooo, ive always found it difficult to identify my strides on a run so now I can discover if I am actually doing them
    DocM
    5:10pm, 1st Jul 2024
  • Do share what you find!
    5:12pm, 1st Jul 2024
  • This looks good :) Off to have a try.
    Velociraptor
    6:26pm, 1st Jul 2024
  • Yes, loads better, thanks :)
    Velociraptor
    6:30pm, 1st Jul 2024
  • Noice
    Mark J 🇳🇿
    10:48pm, 1st Jul 2024
  • Good idea with the 2-3s ignoring rule. Had been wondering how it would work for slowing to open a gate etc. Impressive stuff!
    Sorequads
    2:48pm, 2nd Jul 2024
  • That's interesting shall have a look
    Night-owl
    3:03pm, 2nd Jul 2024
  • Working very nicely for me, when I find the right cadence value. I notice that in my recent interval session, the cadence distribution is prominently bimodal, with a valley between the two peaks – I wonder whether this valley, if auto-detectable, could be used as the default cadence value?
    SpartanMyth
    5:12pm, 2nd Jul 2024
  • Def possible to use something like k-means clustering to find peaks - but I think in this case the flexibility is useful.
    5:41pm, 2nd Jul 2024
  • That's terrific! Now I'm wondering if it can pick up spots that are trips and or falls. 🙂 Not that I do that very often...
    JCB
    6:31pm, 3rd Jul 2024
  • automagically is a trademarked term you know ;-)
    The great dollop
    10:45pm, 3rd Jul 2024
  • just a thought - you number the splits in the graph - but not on the data listing ? can you put the split number on the left for easy correlation ?
    The great dollop
    10:26am, 4th Jul 2024

F'Laps Leaderboard - help me kick the tyres

1:48pm, 1 Jul 2024
Hello F'Lappers,

I've built a first draft of the check in page, and I need your help to kick the tyres.

fetcheveryone.com/flaps-checkin.php

The main rule is that YOU MUST CHECK IN BEFORE THE END OF EACH HOUR.

Let's do a trial run. For the next few hours, please pretend you've just come back from your run. You go to the link, choose the distance you covered, and press the 'Check In' button.

1) If you're one second too late, you're out (sorry).
2) You can start doing the full 4.167 mile laps if you like, but if you switch down to, say 5k, you can't then go back up.

I'd mainly just like to check that it's all fairly self-explanatory, and that there are no glaring errors.

If you're signed up to F'Laps, go check in before the end of the hour :-)

If you're *not* signed up but want to join in, you need to register here first:

fetcheveryone.com/flaps.php
Click here to suggest fetcheveryone's blog for today's highlights.

Comments

• so far so good!
    minardi
    2:45pm, 1st Jul 2024
  • No problems so far :-)
    Elsie Too
    4:24pm, 1st Jul 2024
  • Easy to use. However, after my first check in at 2:51, I forgot. But I was still able to check in at 4:58 and 5:01 (very quick mile ;-) ). As per rule 1 above, shouldn't it have: not accepted my check-ins/ told me I'm out/ blown a raspberry?
    Dvorak
    5:06pm, 1st Jul 2024
  • That'd just be rude :-)
    5:07pm, 1st Jul 2024
  • Erm i was intending to do it interspersed with Park run so the 8 and 9 am laps would not be registered until i get home as was intending to end up at park run shortly before it starts and then post park run walk somewhere on way back until it's gone 10 then run that 2 mile lap then.
    kstuart
    5:25pm, 1st Jul 2024
  • Have you got a phone, and 30 seconds to click the 'Completed It Mate' link at five to nine?
    5:27pm, 1st Jul 2024
  • In principle yes but dont normally take phone with me and if signal is dodgy (its a old phone) might not work, can be sorted later on if not working as the evidence will be there soon enough.
    kstuart
    5:28pm, 1st Jul 2024
  • We'll figure it out :-)
    5:29pm, 1st Jul 2024

About Me

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

Blog Archive

Expand All
2024 (71)
July (10)
Picture Usage tracking
Nice beats per mile graph
Thanks for the donation Jeff Bezos :-)
F'laps 2024 is done!
F'laps - three laps in
Me in Women's Running magazine :-)
Add A Race - Usability followup
#dogsandwivesatpollingstations
Cadence Filter - a little tweak
F'Laps Leaderboard - help me kick the tyres
June (11)
Today’s Task
Here's something cool
F'Laps - get togethers
Forum tagging
F'Laps - broken delete link :-/
F'Laps - your opportunity to withdraw gracefully :-)
Usability - look what's changed
RW Refugees welcomed
Oscar's Everyone Day
New training entry view is live
Snap Poll :-)
May (7)
Easy Street
Track me on Sunday
V2 Training Beta
New Training Log Beta
Five Noahs
Diamanté Celebration Spatula Kit
Marmite Excalibur
April (13)
In case you haven't cancelled it yet...
Weasels and spiders
Blog Listings Change (nowt major)
Six New Badges! Adding pics to Conquercise zones.
Night Races - Can you help?
Sifting Chunks: Gradient versus Pace
Audible Free Trial - You get free audiobooks, I get five quid!
A donation from JH
Andy Townsend :-)
GCU50: Citizen on Patrol
Fetchpoint: The Game - Where I'm Headed
Fetchpoint: The Game - a consultation
Heavy Roller please
March (11)
I can eat fifty eggs
Oscar the Grouch :-(
If a Fetch fails in a forest...
Trialling a new weekly update email
Lasting Power of Suspicion
Fetch Virtual Challenge 2024 *bunting*
Swittle's Funeral
Cadence
Tea & Trails Podcast
Down to my last pen
A bench for swittle
February (8)
The Lightning Struck Tower
Swittle
Cholesterol
This year so far in pictures
Three Noahs
Fetch is as strong as you make it.
100k - what do I need?
Paywalls are BS: I'm on a podcast!
January (11)
Chasing Round Numbers - A Cautionary Tale!
MOTM - Decision Made (and a competition for EVERYONE!)
MOTM - a chance to rethink
Training Home Page updates
How much walking will I do?
Training Plans - Further Updates
Training Plan List
Butter Police
Why no app?
Useful Chat!
Festive Fetch Calendar - Winners
2023 (136)
December (6)
Nearly forgot...
Jam today
Removing another bit of Google's invasiveness
Fancy an extra challenge over the next 12 days?
Chewie, we're home!
Two tips for today's advent challenge
November (13)
Spammy McSpamface
40 days and 40 nights
EfM confirmed!
New Training Log Beta! 😲 (aka Change Is Not Good)
Escape from Meriden
Waiting for your training?
Route of the Century?
I didn't know I owned a nutcracker
Design our anniversary shirts/vests!
Holiday Reading - plenty of fiction :-)
Swimming in a metaphor
Hello
Off World
October (11)
Fl'update
To think I tried to mop it up!
Vote Please: How many F'Laps will you try to do?
F'Laps 2024
Long Run
So it still needs a name...
Front Garden Ultra?
The Boy is a man!
Festive Fetch Calendar
Creative K's
Signs
September (7)
Training Edit Screen - time to ditch it...
Stock check
The Doctor K Cup - October 7th!!!!
Removing the training edit screen
A Happy Applecart
Happy 19th Birthday!
Forgotten pictures
August (14)
Just in case
Weekly Total Hours
Dim Brys Dim Chwys
All hail our robot overlords!
Your local parkrun
Fool on the hill
Survey Follow Up
A survey?
Did you know?
I made a thing
VC Day
FBI Agent
What keeps you going?
Be careful what's in your paste buffer (and July training update)
July (13)
Delight
Respecting your eyeballs since 2004
Hot Stuff, coming through
Ocean Colour Scheme
18 years, 10 months, 13 days and counting...
Ooof #fail
Our listings need you!
Pics from the end of the swim
A whispered, half-remembered dream
Try the Heatmap!!!
Teaser
100 Running Words (and my June summary)
July Virtual Mile
June (8)
Last Big Swim
I can't be the only one...
Which is the real me?
#EveryoneDay
The legendary sixth samosa!
WSW Main Page Layout Changes
May Summary (contains swimming!)
Hoodies pre-order closes at 10am
May (17)
A new WSW challenge
Tagging images
Hoooooooooooooodies!!!!!!!!!!!
Another Sweatshop Competition
Did you get an email?
Fifty Years Ago - Part VIII
Fifty Years Ago - Part VII
Fifty Years Ago - Part VI
Help on a slippery slope
Fifty Years Ago - Part V
Fifty Years Ago - Part IV
Fifty Years Ago - Part III
Chuck-off: Round 2
Not my king?
Fifty Years Ago - Part II
Fifty Years Ago
And that was April
April (10)
Centurion Safari!
Sheep treats (and a routes feature)
And I’ll sail her up the west coast, through villages and towns.
15,746 places to 💩
Track Your Blood Pressure
A couple of quick fmail updates
Rusty Metal and a Cycling Grudge Match
Please help me kick the fmail tyres!
Onset of Summer Watch. Have you got Onset of Summer? +fmail!
Premium?
March (10)
And that was March
Try the new fmail system
Can you help my boy?
What does Points make?
Automatic Everything Collector
Peaky Finders
FAO Fitbit users
My favourite training graph
You've got this.
Coffee Survey (for my stepson)
Access all the tips
Tiny Usability Changes
Cod science
Hot Tips
January (14)
Monthly Infographic Bug Fixes
No, but really...
Have a play with the monthly infographic
It's not ready yet, but...
Introducing Fetch Premium
Help me design a new Monthly Infographic...
Still following?
Fettle
Definitely Not Betting
Do you follow? (plus burp chat)
Advance warning for stalkers!
I'm back (and the Fetch LS, SS and NS shirts preorder is open)
Attention Fitbit Users
Review 50 albums in 2023 (badge!)
2022 (144)
December (8)
Treasure Hunt Day 1 - the best gift
Important updates to the Fetch Relay
Introducing the Fetch Relay 2023
Who Am I? (Solved, thanks) And How Am I?
Confessions :-)
12 Days of Christmas Treasure Hunt
Chewie, we’re home!
A few pics from the Foffice :-)
November (24)
Yesvember - Day #30 (and Festive Fetch Calendar Eve!)
The Fetch Festive 160.934 :-) [Yesvember #Day 29]
You'd better watch out... (plus Yesvember Day #28)
Brace Yourself (and there's one spare bobble hat!) and Yesvember - Day #26
Hats in the post! Plus Yesvember Day #25
Look what arrived!
Yesvember - Day #24
Training Graph Manager - usability update (Yesvember Day #23)
Yesvember - Day #22 - Cheating?
Last chance to enter the Advance Performance comp
Yesvember - Days #11 thru #14 (plus Jumpy Boy)
Weather on the training home page watch. Have you got weather on the training home page? (Yesvember - Day #10)
Oh, and... it's Yesvember - Day #9
Another bit of the internet fenced off
Yesvember - Day #8 - taking steps
Yesvember - Day #7
Yesvember - Day #6
Yesvember - Day #5
The curse of swimming GPS
Yesvember - Day #4
The Les Mis effect
Yesvember - Day #3
Yesvember - Day #2
Yesvember - Day #1
October (15)
October gives way to Yesvember!
Anyone fancy a threeway?
More thoughts on races
Racing, post-pandemic
Contracts exchanged!
Competition Time!
Last call for Flobble Hats
A record year for swimming?
Woburn Lido
Order your Bobble Hat! If you like.
I appear to have entered a race! (plus new Garmin import queueing system)
Eric the Eel
Get your hobbit on
The Doctor K Cup: Saturday 8th October!
I felt the touch of the kings and the breath of the wind
September (16)
Take This Bus To Cuba
Fetch Bobble Hats
Trumpeting
Training View tweaks (switch maps, game overlays, mile markers)
Training View tweaks (and a play button bug fix)
A long ride and a cold swim.
Play Button
UTMOST Wava & Bike Division Rebuilds
New UTMOST leagues for cyclists and WAVA fans
The Doctor K Cup
Chance encounters
Do I ditch our Facebook stuff?
A keeper, from my feedback inbox...
Ultra distances - update
Adding ultra distances to Fastest Fetchies league.
Try the new Training Groups pages
August (11)
Training Groups Update - Coming Soon
Garmin Queue Issues
Donations without reference numbers :-)
New Elbow Laws
No longer the 3398th fastest Fetchie over 10k!
Pulling counties into league tables
What was I thinking?
County Champion?
Just bear in mind that you asked for this.
Wahoo and Coros users
How to make half a million quid (batteries not included)
July (6)
Club Listings
Book giveaway :-)
Updated Race Portfolio
Updated Targets Page
Exactly ***1*** Spare Ladies L Cycling Jersey
Search All Blogs :-)
June (10)
Imagine you could search all the public blogs...
Banking Scandal at Fetch Towers!
7pm on Baker Island #everyoneday
#EveryoneDay - Sunday 26th June 2022
Spare Challenge Coasters
The North West Passage
Feature Request Voting - Know Your Limits!
UTMOST Division 8: YIKES!
Shepperton Weight Gain Programme
UTMOST Division 9! Sub-50 10k :-)
May (16)
Four hours left :-)
Division 10: No hope of escape?
Book giveaway :-)
Division 11: No place left to hide
New HR Analysis
They're here! Well, not exactly *here*, but...
A quick Darth Mode update
Darth Mode! And a few biscuits for the hyperdrive.
Division 12: Two hours of pushing broom
Dark Mode: Beta
PB Potential? Fancy a quickie? ;-)
Division 12: Running Out Of Road?
Thank you everyone!
Making UTMOST moves :-)
Do you want a Fetch shirt?
I did my UTMOST :-) (plus new sharing infographic)
April (7)
Today's plan
NEW UTMOST BADGES!!!!!
A plug for some races
Raspberry Pavlov
Win a book :-)
United Colours of Cross Training
A little Streetview adventure
March (11)
The lockers are a pound.
Advice for Gym Noobs!
Feedback made easier
#EveryoneDay June 26th 2022
Fetch Virtual Challenge 2022 🎈
Thanks Chunky: parkrun routes!
Sniffer Dogs
Yikes!
Fetch Cycling Jerseys - Update
Route Plotting tweak
The Crow: A Pipedream!
February (7)
Fetch Kit Spares
Updated Race Listing Pages
Introducing Rundle!
I appear to be training for an OWS event!
Fetch Cycling Jerseys!!!
Does you wantz free shoez?
Post Office tomorrow - kit spares
January (13)
Updated Flanci Design (now with more Fetchness)
Badge Collection Graphic!
Updated elevation trace
Book Lists :-)
Updated sharing infographic - do you like it?
Spare Fetch Kit
Badge page refresh / feature requests
Flanci / Fetch Leggings
New Badge Pages
New hill badges
Join me on my fitness journey!
Are you the farmer?
Blog every day challenge - finishers
2021 (187)
December (14)
Book List
Ten years ago today...
A big slobbery elephant snog.
If you don't like hills, this must be getting tiring :-)
When does a hill end?
Hill finder - prototype v2
Hill Finder - prototype
2022 Targets
Chewie, We’re Home! Happy Fetch Independence Day!
Embed badges, plus a new badge :-)
Updated people page
Seeking map
Streak Watch
The new Fetch buffs are here…
November (23)
Almost there...
The Fetch Library
Update your thread titles
Ascent dissent
Mute a thread
Shortcuts
Training Import Queue
I fell off (but not really!)
Croeso i Fetcheveryone. Ydych chi'n siarad Almaeneg, Swedish neu Eidaleg?
New mobile nav
Last call for shirts
@
Just a trim please
Brought to you by wind power
300 miles later
Golden Ticket Shocker!
Banjobax (aka KOG)
Home and Away kit preorder - with long sleeve option
A little competition - win a copy of Daniels' Running Formula
Garmin testers - thanks
Add your grub stops!
Points Of Interest: Grub Stops
Garmin-owning testers wanted
October (19)
New home and away shirts and vests
Benchmark league - a few more updates
Benchmark league table
Hill areas
Preorder is now open!
'b'uffs then
Necktube design #1 & #2
Buffs (well, neck tubes)
Report dodgy GPS stuff
An apology for people who follow my training
New cycling and swimming badges
New Conquercise Feature: Grids
Sprouting a tiny biking antler :-)
Have a try of the cycling gradient analysis
Struggling with my big ring
Cycling: gradient vs pace
A question for cyclists
For Doctor K
Shan't.
September (14)
New comments (FID 1212)
Forum post previews
Garmin imports with a snippet more info
Gallery upload options
Golden Tickets
"No need to panic donate", says Williams
Forum Quotes
Spoiler Alert!
20th of March and all that.
Have you signed up yet?
This bit of crappy Upminister nearly cost me my f***ing life.
A guide with no pages
To steal a catchphrase from a wise lady...
Multiple choice polls
August (11)
Pre-Race Training - Updated
A connection!
New Member of the Month sponsor
Best Weeks - bug fixes
Your Best Week Ever
Rainbow Kit - preorder is open
Age Bests - filtering out the mistakes :-)
Sign up, sign up, for the Doctor K cup
A message from my lovely wife ❤️
Another batch of rainbow kit?
Spares: Event Clips, Swim Hats and a few rainbow tops
July (10)
A bunch of site goodies :-)
Hello kitty
Holy Simmering Mercury Batman!
Settings
A heart rate question
Sleepy Shuffle?
365 graph
Slipping on ma noob shoes
Meatronomes
World's Sexiest Bridges
June (11)
Benchmarks - a *tiny* little improvement
Race Leaderboards - some small improvements
Race Finder - Update
Up there ^
Routes - more updates
Last call for FE Event Clips
Server update
Minor code problem
Some little updates to your route list
Feature requests - two years on!
More than just a rainbow
May (8)
Rainbow Kit - update on delivery time...
Fetch Ron Hill Cycling Jerseys
Pre-order your rainbow kit now :-)
Jimi Hendrix vs Run DMC
The return of parkrun - a poll
Something in the woodshed...
Default to walk
A tour of the Fetch Office
April (11)
Instabanned :-)
I has Instagram
Fetch Event Clips
FERC
Castle Challenge Coaster!
My chess rating
Jab - symptom watch
This just in...
REVIEW: XMiles selection box
Let FE pay for your coaching qualifications :-)
Castle Challenge - A Quick Blog
March (18)
The Fetcheveryone Castle Challenge
Running vs Cycling Cadence
Fetch vests and shirts (and swim caps)
Elevation vs Follow Roads
£500 of England Athletics courses up for grabs!
TomTom users
Music by year: 1993
10k Analysis: Part 7 - Length of Training Runs
Music by year: 1992 (plus some 1991 additions)
Bot sniffing win :-) plus daily blogger count!
User profiles
10k Analysis: Part 6 - Training Pace Again
Time to update your injuries :-)
User profile - sticker button.. EDIT and race standard
More user profile adjustments
User Profile tweaking
Cute story of the week*
10k Analysis: Part 5 - Training Pace
February (17)
Year on Year mileage comparison
Elevation graphs
It's all kicking off in chess club!
Music By year: 1991
29 slices - my seven days of dinner
10k Analysis: Part 2 - Age and Performance
Pass it on
10k Analysis: Part 1 - Distribution of best 10k times
January (31)
January
Mobile Usability Team Helping All Fetchies...
Salmon Ramen Recipe :-)
Salmon Ramen (for TBR)
Backup dog
The best GPS watches in the world... volume 1
Pick it...
People who liked...
Obscure bugs
Zen & The Art of Heart Rate Training
FIT file import - temporary issue
Keep the change, ya filthy animal
The honeymoon is over
Dirty data
Mobile Usability
Oops
Readership!
Stay sticky
It's Hip To Buy Squares
Related Threads - Exposé :-)
The Batshit Association
Jobs
Tag Team
Feed the monster!
An ad for Fetch Chess Club :-)
Estimating VO2Max
Three little birds
A not uncommon swelling
Church Mouse January
Honey, where's my super suit?
Not here.
2020 (128)
December (6)
Blog A Day 2021?
9 years ago today
Chewie, We're Home! Happy Fetch Independence Day :-)
Be Prepared
Becoming an effluencer
A few Fetch Mugs left
November (10)
The Festive Fetch Calendar is back!
FIT file import
Mugs!
Thank you, mysterious Fetchie!
Chess
UTMOST in the age of COVID-19
This'll cheer you up for sure...
Lost in translation?
Annual Infographic... updating now.
In theory...
October (11)
Training Plan Analysis
Mini plans with the training plan
5k with The Boy :-)
New Fetch Hoodies
A big up/holler!
VO2max
A benchmark derailed by GPS data *nerd*
August (8)
10k analysis
Officially a Sheepy Shuffler!
Pi Watering
Pre-order Avoid Everyone Face Masks
I got sent these...
Other sites? :-O
Benchmarks - an infinitely configurable set of ladders.
Try the monthly infographic :-)
July (10)
Update on Monthly Training Infographic
New Infographic
Monthly Summary (with a little tweak)
A quick Garmin update
Shoelaces
A new How To video
Training Plan Updated
Black Lives Matter
Avoid Everyone Spares + Second Batch
Wikipedia page
Another YouTube video for sharesies :-)
Getting data to Fetch from **other places**
Feature Voting - some further updates
Feature Voting - speeded up
Another How To video - this time, Conquercise
Fantastisches Tweeten
May (13)
A video for sharing
Bees!
Fetch Introductory Zoom Presentations
A promise to all Fetchies
Fetch Virtual Weekend: Replacement Bus Service
How has Fetch use changed?
Fetch Weekly Virtual Races
Zoom Meeting - Thursday 9 til 10am
WAVA Standards Update
WAVA Standards + Poll
Fun with Age Grading :-)
New Badges Day
The test shirt fabric has arrived :-)
April (14)
Zoom Podcast - watch the video
What is WBC?
If you did the free Amazon trial...
Some small amends (and shirt version)
Pre-orders open
I was only joking, but...
If Fetcheveryone did lockdown merch
Site outage - Thursday 16th April 11pm
On exercising responsibly
My Sports Quiz - how would you have scored?
Your creative thinking required
WBC My Favourite Teacher (a bit later than the deadline)
Updated Training League
Server Downtime, Thursday 9th 00:01BST to 04:00BST (and thank you!)
March (13)
New Fetch Game: Hide and Seek
Free trial of Audible
Do you have a good memory?
New Opt-In for Fetch Miles
New Badges for Fetch Miles
The Fetch Five: Don't Let CV19 Win!
Amending event dates and notifying of cancellations
A green light comes on over your head, and you can get on with life