The XC thread

90 watchers
rhb
Oct 2022
11:01pm, 15 Oct 2022
2,018 posts
  •  
rhb
Maccl was good today. Adjusting to new normal 1 min per km behind winner, used to be 1 min per mile behind bitd.
Oct 2022
8:56am, 16 Oct 2022
19,304 posts
  •  
larkim
I might drop in for one maccl event this year if the planets align domestically. Sticking with tarmac this weekend. Which maccl event was it?
rhb
Oct 2022
9:42am, 16 Oct 2022
2,019 posts
  •  
rhb
^ Wythenshawe yesterday, next one Kenworthy. If I had to choose 1 only it'd be Tatton Park for the scenic stately home grounds.

Kinda happy the national is a bit closer too now it has moved, the Harewood House course was a good one though.
Oct 2022
1:55pm, 16 Oct 2022
19,305 posts
  •  
larkim
The new northerns course is a good one, at least it was the last time we were there. Maybe rose tinted though as my son picked up a county bronze there with his best county champs performance with two really tough competitors only just ahead of him.

Heaton Park and Boggart are my favourite MACCL events, partly as they were my childhood stomping ground (ish) as I spent 5 years living in Crumpsall.
SPR
Oct 2022
11:22am, 23 Oct 2022
38,628 posts
  •  
SPR
First race in 7 months at the Midlands XC relays yesterday which I decided to do this year (not done since 2013) to get back out there before the league starts. Nowhere near the standard I'd like to be at but I maintained pace and finished strong. Haven't really got back to a consistent training pattern as got injury free too late for track season so used the time to play some basketball instead rather than trying to get back race fit ASAP. Getting back out there and setting a marker to improve on likely gets me back in focus.
rhb
Oct 2022
4:48pm, 29 Oct 2022
2,023 posts
  •  
rhb
UoM Ron Hill Relays today. 3km xc racing is brutal, just full gas from the go.
Oct 2022
5:55pm, 29 Oct 2022
35,026 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
I was over there today. Looked a good days racing. The uni did their usual thing of splitting up the best runners instead of going gung ho for the win...the Men's A could have been really good but they put the top 3 in the mixed A.
Oct 2022
7:04pm, 29 Oct 2022
78,226 posts
  •  
Gobi
Midland vets masters at Long Eaton - ran in V45 team. Fastest split on my team, 2nd fastest on leg. We came away with team silver.
rhb
Oct 2022
2:47pm, 30 Oct 2022
2,024 posts
  •  
rhb
Ocelot Spleens were you running? A few of the unis had loads of teams out. I guess friendships might trump potential to win at such a social event?

I warmed up with a club mate and we both agreed there's no way we'd have made the start line on a Sat whilst at Uni, the hangovers were huge. Oh to live those days differently again...
Oct 2022
3:00pm, 30 Oct 2022
35,030 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
No my running is not up to it.

As far as I can work out, Friday is day off beer-wise for them, they much prefer sunday and mid week cheap drinks in and around fallowfield! Judging by the non appearance of runs so far today they had a bit of a night with the rest of the unis!

About This Thread

Maintained by Buzzards Sis