Powis Arms Bury ditches Hill Race

1 watcher
Sep 2014
3:56pm, 27 Sep 2014
2,642 posts
  •  
Hohum
Route marked, landowners appeased, cup polished, cakes collected from the little round cake company, beer collected from Monty's Brewery, marshals organised, cattle off the course, pub re opened, bacon bought, weather ordered. I think we're ready to go. :-)

An ideal 'gentle' (?) race for those new to fell running or wanting to give it a try. Entry on day only.
Sep 2015
10:54am, 21 Sep 2015
2,696 posts
  •  
Hohum
My annual forum post, once again it is that time of year, the race is on! Sunday 27th September 11am. Powis Arms, Lydbury North, SY7 8AU. 9.3km/395m.

STILL only £5.00, entry on the day, to run around the South Shropshire Hills, in a beautiful rural setting.

Cakes as always supplied by The Little Round Cake Company, Beer by Monty's Brewery.

Is there more to life than running, CAKES and BEER?
Sep 2015
11:03am, 21 Sep 2015
9,089 posts
  •  
Keefy Beefy
Ah, I thought Powis Arms Bury had done away (ditched) their Hill Race. But it's on :-)
Sep 2015
1:23pm, 25 Sep 2015
2,697 posts
  •  
Hohum
It is indeed, bacon sarnies, cakes and beer, and a campsite, and a family fun day in the very nearby school, it just gets better, and better :-D

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Hohum
This is a local race in South Shropshire, a cracking event for newcomers to hill and fell running. 1...