The XC thread

90 watchers
Oct 2007
10:27pm, 25 Oct 2007
1,922 posts
  •  
So, who is running XC this season? Here is a thread to encourage each other, share advice, discuss races and the season etc. I have created a group too.
Oct 2007
10:31pm, 25 Oct 2007
18,951 posts
  •  
I'd love to but believe it or not the XC selection around here is carp!

All I've managed to learn (mostly through Flanker) is to save the legs going up & let go on the way down, which is GREAT fun! :-)

Oh, and run on your tiptoes going uphill but everyone wil know that anyway.
Oct 2007
10:32pm, 25 Oct 2007
2,234 posts
  •  
Kieren
Excellent Idea Buzzad's Sis :)

It seems individual XC event threads don't have enough Fetchies taking part to stay current.

I'm running in the Metropolitan League - it was my first ever XC this month and the standard of runner was really high. Rather than finishing in the top 20% as I might sometimes in a road race I came almost last - 221st out of 242.

Next one for the Met Laeuge is in East London somethere on the 11th of November - hopefully Ill place a little better. I think it will be quite fun doing these as the crowd of runners will be regular
Oct 2007
10:33pm, 25 Oct 2007
1,488 posts
  •  
Magbag
This is what i need XC advice great idea BS...Teach me O wise ones :)
Oct 2007
10:36pm, 25 Oct 2007
1,312 posts
  •  
Forest Faerie
Oh, I have done one race recently, my first one since school :-)

Loved it
Oct 2007
10:56pm, 25 Oct 2007
549 posts
  •  
icklechick
I want to know how to find XC races - am not very good at that bit so haven't run many!
Oct 2007
11:04pm, 25 Oct 2007
1,491 posts
  •  
Magbag
Well i have decided i am going to get fell shoes, and use them on any XC that i do, looks like a nice shopping trip for tomorrow :)

Ickle is there no clubs that run a league in your area .
Oct 2007
11:05pm, 25 Oct 2007
553 posts
  •  
icklechick
Magbag - I struggle to get along to clubs due to work schedules etc - might contact one though.
Oct 2007
11:06pm, 25 Oct 2007
1,923 posts
  •  
It is a lot of fun Kieren, I love the team aspect of it all. I came right at the back all last season. In one race, they were taking up the course while I was on my last lap and there was only me and my team mate out there. We should have realised when we say the GB XC team tracksuits at the start that is was going to be a very high standard! I am doing my first one this season on Saturday and am hoping to be middle of the pack, rather than right at the back. You only get serious club runnners, no fun runners, hence the higher standard.

It woud be good to have separate PBs for road and XC races on here. I will come nowhere near to my road 5 mile PB but should smash last year's XC PB.

Icklechick, I get info on all the XC races from my club. They tend to be club team events but there are some more general ones, especially Christmassy races.
Oct 2007
11:07pm, 25 Oct 2007
7,040 posts
  •  
SparkyMark
WooHoo - second season of XC for me starts in 10 days - can't wait :-)

About This Thread

Maintained by Buzzards Sis