Running in trail shoes ?

1 watcher
May 2013
10:49am, 29 May 2013
809 posts
  •  
Cotty67
I have a pair of Nike pegasus trail trainers, I sometimes do a mixture of trail and road, is it okay to run on pavemens/roads etc with trail shoes or am I better to run with normal ones, when I look at my normal trainers and my trail ones the only difference seems ot be the material. I know this may seem a stupid question but considering I was injured for the best part of a year with a foot injury I don't want to take any chances !! Thanks !
May 2013
11:02am, 29 May 2013
570 posts
  •  
mushroom
Hi Cotty

I've used Pegasus Trail shoes for a while - just run through 700 miles in my last pair. They are a hybrid trail shoe, meaning their lugs are a little smaller than 'full on' trail shoes, so are suitable for road and off-road.
May 2013
11:08am, 29 May 2013
810 posts
  •  
Cotty67
Thanks mushroom, they are really comfy anyway !! I have tried loads of other makes but Nike suits me best, will get another few hundred in these one then !!
May 2013
11:11am, 29 May 2013
630 posts
  •  
ultrapaulo
I use the same shoes for trail, road and track. No problem at all.
May 2013
11:17am, 29 May 2013
3,323 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
I have some Kanadia 4's and for some reason don't find them all that comfortable when on the road/pavement. Very comfy on trail/boggy fields though.
May 2013
11:37am, 29 May 2013
6,503 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I often run in my kanadias on road as well as trails as I find them comfy I do have inov-8's which I tend to only use for road but I can manage them on light trail too.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Cotty67
I have a pair of Nike pegasus trail trainers, I sometimes do a mixture of trail and road, is it okay...