Rombalds Romp Trail v Fell Race - Sat 15th Sept 2012

1 watcher
Sep 2012
11:52pm, 13 Sep 2012
3,372 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
Hi all, probably late notice, but thought I'd just shamelessly promote my club's race on Ilkley moor this coming saturday.

One race - a choice of 2 routes - a "trail" version or a "fell" version, both about 7miles.

Details here - abbeyrunners.co.uk

Entry on the Day is available from race HQ in car park on Wells Rd. Start is at the top of Wells Rd, about 400m away, up the (steep) hill.
Sep 2012
9:32am, 14 Sep 2012
3,374 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
Will bump this up for people around at a sensible hour of the day.
Sep 2012
12:35pm, 14 Sep 2012
2,631 posts
  •  
Mountain Cat
I might do this. Wouldn't expect a good time (probably hovering around last!) but it looks fun.
Sep 2012
12:59pm, 14 Sep 2012
693 posts
  •  
MudMeanderer
I should be there, and so should a few folks from the club.
Sep 2012
3:38pm, 14 Sep 2012
3,375 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
Good stuff.

I'll be flitting around - marking the course out at stupid o'clock, then I've got to walk some of the marshals out before going out to my marshal point up near Piper's Crag on the "trail" route, then back down to the finish to help out there, and then collect all the markers back from the marshals after everyone's finished and then take them back to the club.

I'm going to be dead to the world! Not looking forward to the 4.45am start....

Saturday afternoon might involve a lot of sitting on the sofa falling asleep!
Sep 2012
3:48pm, 14 Sep 2012
844 posts
  •  
Brighouse Boy
I won't be there as I'm helping my son to move house, but there should be a good few from my club (Stainland Lions) as it's a club championship event
Sep 2012
4:12pm, 14 Sep 2012
19,871 posts
  •  
swittle
Cracking run, this. Ran the inaugural event: course changed because of flooding. Ron Hill in attendance :) Don't know whether I did fell or trail but I think the options concept is a superb idea. Hope it all goes well :)
Sep 2012
4:18pm, 15 Sep 2012
696 posts
  •  
MudMeanderer
Thanks Fozzy and all Abbeys. It was an enjoyable if incredibly muddy race, even if I felt somewhat crap. I can't imagine it was the easiest route to mark out without being dragged under! So once again, thanks.
Sep 2012
11:08am, 16 Sep 2012
3,397 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
Hope everyone enjoyed the race yesterday.

Any comments or suggestions for improvements, let me know - we already know there are a few things to fix.

The bogs through the woods, for example, were just not boggy enough. Not everyone came back having face-planted! ;-) We'll just have to go out with the watering cans next year to help the issue along!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by rf_fozzy
Hi all, probably late notice, but thought I'd just shamelessly promote my club's race on Ilkley mo...