Your next event is...

6 watchers
May 2020
4:54pm, 18 May 2020
21,139 posts
  •  
TRO Saracen
A 100 mile cycle time trial mid July.

Still have faint hopes of it taking place, you can socially distance a time trial and most are <100 riders.

Other than that a small triathlon in August which again could have social distance measures applied.

Both the above are dependent on govt guidance and then appropriate guidance issued from governing bodies.

I’d rate the chances of the first happening around 20%, the latter around 5%.

Part of me says it may be simpler for all amateur sport to just write off 2020....
May 2020
4:57pm, 18 May 2020
17,495 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
May 2020
4:58pm, 18 May 2020
17,496 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Solstice is a virtuall event now
May 2020
4:59pm, 18 May 2020
5,970 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
Supposedly mine is the London Revolution Trails ultra rescheduled from May to September. I’m not holding my breath though.
May 2020
5:05pm, 18 May 2020
10,200 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
All my events have so far being cancelled, including a running/yoga workshop weekend I had planned in October! That does leave the possibility of one race Trail Outlaws Halloween run which I had a clash with, but who knows if they do races this year. Personally not sure how happy I'd be in close proximity to lots of other people although last year it was fine and actually a lovely day so we were largely outside pre/post run.

I have signed up to do the Wall as a virtual run shouldn't be too taxing 70 mile in the month.

There was a couple of ultra's I fancied doing this year so might challenge myself to do some longer stuff although how committed I'll be I don't know
May 2020
5:06pm, 18 May 2020
9,920 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
Haha DT - one of these days, I'll get you to come along to an event :-)

(But yes, the actual running bit you're socially distant - or are supposed to be - and that is the point)
May 2020
5:26pm, 18 May 2020
45,354 posts
  •  
McGoohan
In theory I also have the Downs Link Ultra in October too and while runners very quickly get spread out... there are the feed stations which are a big part of such events. Not sure we're ready for volunteers standing there while sweaty runners rummage around in piles of biscuits and jelly babies
jda
May 2020
5:34pm, 18 May 2020
7,389 posts
  •  
jda
Manchester next spring for me! I should think it will probably be on but I'm not holding my breath. And I'm not going to bother entering anything else until the rules change. It'll start when it starts, until then I'm jogging.
May 2020
5:34pm, 18 May 2020
26,773 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
or sweaty runners further back rummaging around in a bag that had previously been rummaged around in by sweaty runners in front of them.

No, not happening.
May 2020
5:49pm, 18 May 2020
91 posts
  •  
SteveCRunner
Oslo marathon in Sept 2020 so far.

About This Thread

Maintained by McGoohan
Mine is supposedly Beachy Head marathon in 159 days, having removed everything else from my race portfolio. I don't know at this stage whether it will go ahead or not.

But what do you reckon will be the first UK-based running event to actually happen?