•  
Lip Gloss
Pellet gun would be my answer
18 Mar
8:08am, 18 Mar 2024
68,211 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Each time you go away for a race or whatever, take one of the errant mogs with you and drop it off when you arrive. They'll find new homes and your neighbours will start keeping their cats away from your garden ;)

(I'm now wondering whether that's what happened to our Tizzifer, who disappeared without trace one day, and whether the sweet old couple with the plastic forks around their roses did it.)
18 Mar
8:33am, 18 Mar 2024
10,201 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
Pellet gun would be my answer
Yes. A lump of blue tack fired from a decent air rifle is non-fatal but the dum-dum effect when it impacts on a cat's arse is extremely discouraging.
18 Mar
9:02am, 18 Mar 2024
3,069 posts
  •  
Mushroom
We've had some success with the odd curry plant in the flower beds, and chopped fresh garlic sprinkled around - they don't seem to like the aroma.

3M
18 Mar
10:02am, 18 Mar 2024
23,598 posts
  •  
3M
A lump of blue tack fired from a decent air rifle is non-fatal but the dum-dum effect when it impacts on a cat's arse is extremely discouraging.

It may be wrong, but it made me laugh! (Actually, I have very little (no!) sympathy for the cat...)
18 Mar
10:08am, 18 Mar 2024
10,294 posts
  •  
DoricQuine
We have tried lavender plants but the beggars just dug them up.

There are currently 6 on top of neighbours fence - 2 hard at it and others presumably waiting their turn! 😡
18 Mar
10:25am, 18 Mar 2024
7,357 posts
  •  
ThorntonRunner
I always find it strange that whilst (quite correctly) not picking up after your dog is frowned upon and the subject of much anger on local Facebook pages and the like, cats - well they can go wherever they like.
18 Mar
11:01am, 18 Mar 2024
39,856 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
I believe in English law (not 100% sure so happy to be corrected) owners of dogs are deemed to be responsible for their animals but cats are not under their owners' control.
I know a lot of people love them but it's the destruction wrought on birds and small creatures that makes me firmly in the anti-cat camp.
DQ, get a dog. Our Labs have always enforced a no-cat zone in our garden.
18 Mar
9:58pm, 18 Mar 2024
31,497 posts
  •  
Rosehip
supersoaker water gun works with some cats, for others it's just satisfying to get a direct hit.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
A forum to sound off about what really grinds your gears.