Your next event is...

6 watchers
May 2020
6:04pm, 18 May 2020
3,745 posts
  •  
Dillthedog
My next is the White Star Run Jurassic Half in September. I was due to run it last year but it was cancelled because of a storm. I’m not at all confident that we will be running any time this year. But maybe time trials like in orienteering are a chance to do something earlier?
May 2020
6:14pm, 18 May 2020
9,921 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
Well, we're in "phase 1" of return to orienteering - basically we've been asked to promote our Permanent Orienteering courses (POCs) in our areas and do some "virtual" orienteering alongside some bits and pieces:

britishorienteering.org.uk

As soon as small group gatherings are allowed, we'll be able to start some form of "proper" event

Check out your local orienteering club's website: britishorienteering.org.uk

Dill - if you're where I think you are, then you've got Bristol Orienteering club on your doorstep who are very active on social media and I'm sure will be doing something.

North Gloucs OC which might be a bit further away are very active with MapRun - which is a form of "virtual" orienteering where you use a smartphone to track your course. I think it can use the phone to show the map too. I've not used it yet.
May 2020
6:45pm, 18 May 2020
4,394 posts
  •  
jennyh
Next event not cancelled (yet) is a 10 mile race on 23rd August, which should have happened in February but fell foul of Storm Dennis. Only a low key local thing, but can’t see it happening. A few more small local ones booked in August/September, not hopeful for those, next big thing - not for me as once was enough - but Mr Jenny is supposed to be doing Snowdonia in October. I would love that to go ahead for his sake, but really can’t see it.

Feeling pretty glum as I can see us not being allowed to race next year either.
May 2020
7:07pm, 18 May 2020
50,006 posts
  •  
Dr PhFleecyD
Ooh thanks fozzy, might look into that! I got really into adventure racing thanks to McG but that’s obviously been cancelled too
May 2020
7:19pm, 18 May 2020
3,903 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
The one I have entered is the Brighton Marathon in September. If races can restart in July, I might consider the Caterham Rotary Half-Marathon.
May 2020
7:25pm, 18 May 2020
399 posts
  •  
Totriornottotri
Great Lake 3 Day August Bank Holiday.
May 2020
8:27pm, 18 May 2020
45,355 posts
  •  
McGoohan
Fleecy - he reckons he has three dates pencilled in... triadventure.co.uk

but I'll believe it when I see it...
May 2020
8:33pm, 18 May 2020
9,922 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
Fleecy, you're always welcome on the dark side of running. ;-)

(quite literally when it comes to night orienteering...or parts of the lake district when the forest gets thick and low vis!)

Think you're in Thames Valley OC territory (they've got a very active FB page apparently) or Southern Navigators, but Guildford (because it's *special*) also has it's own club.
May 2020
8:39pm, 18 May 2020
921 posts
  •  
Turtlemama
Who knows? Apparently the Cathedral to Castle 10miler is now 27th September. We'll see if it happens!
May 2020
8:55pm, 18 May 2020
1,603 posts
  •  
bonners
We've got our club race in November and somebody has already asked about getting an entry.

Errr no, we haven't even been in touch with the number and timing people yet as the likelihood of it going ahead is miniscule.

In that vein I've got no actual events booked as seems pretty pointless right now.

About This Thread

Maintained by McGoohan
Mine is supposedly Beachy Head marathon in 159 days, having removed everything else from my race portfolio. I don't know at this stage whether it will go ahead or not.

But what do you reckon will be the first UK-based running event to actually happen?