•  
Lizzie W
My Ofsted joke is repeatable.
May 2019
2:29pm, 23 May 2019
1,589 posts
  •  
idle_wilder
I've had a really productive day at work today - the possible intermittent power cuts between 9am and 4pm hasn't actually meant no power whatsoever from 9am. All the samples are booked in and I'm sure we won't have to deal with any outraged clients when we do eventually have power again (and phones and email).
May 2019
2:45pm, 23 May 2019
6,592 posts
  •  
Mazlin
I’m not sure you can hold the view that people don’t get to stop when they’ve done all of their allocated workload points because it’s ‘just a guide’ AND the view that you only need to do 2 more hours before you’ve done your hours for the week. Those things seem mutually exclusive (and by the way, I’m in favour of not doing loads of work over and above what we’re paid for, just because there’s too much to do and not enough people, but YOU brought it up in the first place.)
May 2019
6:01pm, 23 May 2019
26,747 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
Oh FFS. How much adulation do you need? Get over yourself.
May 2019
7:06pm, 23 May 2019
620 posts
  •  
tulip
well that was fun. I didn't get a parking ticket because I'd stupidly parked in a short-stay car park thinking the long overdue catch up with my friend would take less than two hours and by the time I noticed it was already too late. Then en route home one of the front tyres didn't blow out on the M5, and of course my phone was fully charged so I wasn't worried whether it would hold out until the AA arrived (it did, phew!). Then when I went to get a new tyre I wasn't told I needed three new tyres as their threads were below the legal limits, and on top of that I didn't have to pay even more for alignment because that wasn't the cause of the tyre blowing up at all.

I have enough money left to see me through till payday.

I don't need to pay the dentist for a replacement filling tomorrow because it cracked.

I don't have tooth ache either.

All going well then.....
May 2019
7:09pm, 23 May 2019
12,681 posts
  •  
Serendippily
C9 enjoyed the disco
May 2019
8:12pm, 23 May 2019
34,124 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
[ oh Tulip what a disaster]
May 2019
8:14pm, 23 May 2019
18,038 posts
  •  
ChrisHB
( Bad day for you, Tulip, sorry )
May 2019
8:15pm, 23 May 2019
18,039 posts
  •  
ChrisHB
Train's on time. My connection is assured.
May 2019
8:20pm, 23 May 2019
2,552 posts
  •  
Raemond
I didn't accidentally stab myself through the top joint of my left ring finger with the stabby end of the wire on the back of a picture having spontaneously decided to switch the pictures on the bedroom wall for the one that no longer fits on the dressing room wall since we moved the furniture.

It didn't go a good 7mm into my finger and wasn't at all tricky to pull out again.

I felt absolutely well while accomplishing that.

About This Thread

Maintained by Iris
Whether it's for legal reasons, the desire to keep your job or just plain self preservation. What w...