Brexit is directly impacting me now because....

25 watchers
Apr 2021
9:41am, 28 Apr 2021
72,631 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Currently working on my tax return for last year and looking at buying a phone that can scan my passport. Jeez they are expensive! I don't have that sort of money and a perfectly serviceable one year old basic smart phone, all I need to run my business, which has suffered a 1/3 drop in turnover due to Covid... can you see the downwards spiral I find myself in?
Apr 2021
11:26am, 28 Apr 2021
7,062 posts
  •  
paul the builder
Try installing a scanning app - it uses multiple shots from your smartphone camera and makes a pretty decent scan-a-like image. I've got "Photoscan".
Apr 2021
1:42pm, 28 Apr 2021
1,514 posts
  •  
Weean
I seem to recall my (Spanish) wife went to Citizens Advice who had access to a suitably-compliant smartphone - don't know if that's an option for you Hanneke.
Apr 2021
1:51pm, 28 Apr 2021
72,669 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Weean, it isn't in England.
However, I could do that if someone in Wales closed their eyes to my postcode. It is also.much closer and a friend volunteers there... I am going to see what I can organise.
Apr 2021
1:53pm, 28 Apr 2021
72,670 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Paul, interesting idea but it won't work as it needs hardware in the phone that can read the chip inside my passport. The camera can't do that. It can't scan QR codes either.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by No.12
Apart from the impact of months of feeling down, helpless and bewildered how is Brexit now affecting...