Over 50's club

1 lurker | 319 watchers
9:59am
9:59am, 26 Apr 2024
3,213 posts
  •  
Flatlander
No "well man" check up here.

I did have a PSA test quite a few years ago which was normal. However, 7 years ago I had a ureteroscopy to remove a kidney stone and it was noted that I had "a moderately enlarged prostate". When I asked the consultant about that he said it was nothing to worry about. However, since the consultant did other things to me during the procedure which were not advisable in someone with my autoimmune disease, perhaps I should ask for another PSA test sometime.

For my autoimmune disease I am supposed to have yearly reviews and check ups, but Rheumatology have given me only one in the last 3 1/2 years, presumably due to the NHS backlogs, so hopefully I might get one this autumn.
10:12am
10:12am, 26 Apr 2024
10,926 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
I had a PSA test and a “digital” check last year as had some issues peeing at night.
The conclusion was that I have an enlarged prostate (I’m 67 so nothing unusual there).
I’ve been prescribed meds which have improved things.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Sweaty Frank
Here are the Over 50s League Tables

fetcheveryone.com/league?year=2021&age=50

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.