Menopause and running

143 watchers
23 Feb
2:51pm, 23 Feb 2024
12,279 posts
  •  
cathrobinson
I’m currently on day 65 but also experiencing pretty bad PMT. I’m just willing this all to be over, and at the same time I wonder if I’m getting away with it lightly so far.
24 Feb
3:34pm, 24 Feb 2024
1,415 posts
  •  
RunnyBunny
Tried Gina and it seemed to improve things, though I've had better results with Wildmint's For Down There. Don't click on the link unless you want Wildmint promos splashed through everything you ever look at online. Pricey - they have regular deals and quite often half price stuff, but no particularly good offers at the moment. Facial stuff also very good - actually makes a noticeable difference. wildmintcosmetics.com
25 Feb
11:14am, 25 Feb 2024
2,032 posts
  •  
Totoro
Cathrobinson - I know exactly what you mean! I'm on day 129 and fingers definitely crossed.

I don't like bothering doctors, just how I've been brought up but finally went and could cry for how nice and helpful they were. Full MOT. So much that I'd thought of as just being menopause and to just put up with turned out to be hypothyroidism.
25 Feb
10:00pm, 25 Feb 2024
10,252 posts
  •  
TeeBee
Gosh, a really useful trip then, Totoro.
I went for nearly a year before my last period and was gutted when it appeared. But I recall that was the last one (now about 3 years ago). Still get hot flushes every so often, though.
25 Feb
10:24pm, 25 Feb 2024
12,287 posts
  •  
cathrobinson
I’ve just had some of the worst period pain I’ve had in a long time (no period - yet!). I read up in Clue about what causes period pain and there seems to be a strong link to inflammation - which I suspect is the cause of many of my little niggles here and there.

I also don’t like bothering doctors, and very rarely do. I’ve taken some ibuprofen tonight - which I also very rarely do - as the pain was that bad.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Last July a blood test indicated that I was going through the menopause (GP did it as due to using D...

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.