The high training, self indulgent, weight loss for performance thread

150 watchers
May 2017
7:11am, 18 May 2017
7,343 posts
  •  
LouLou
It frustrates me how much food my other half can put away!!

I've always had a tendency to be curvy - my main aim when I started running was to lose weight. If you compare me to my big sister who runs she's about a stone and a half lighter and don't think she's counted a calorie in her life! (Though historically I'm faster ;) )

I'm a bit of a fraud here as most of my current plans to lose weight is for my wedding in 5 months. I don't race anymore and don't think I will again.

I've found increasing protein intake to help with not feeling hungry.
May 2017
7:56am, 18 May 2017
12,367 posts
  •  
Fenland (Fenners) Runner
Yep! Totally agree LouLou about the protein intake helping not feeling hungry. A triple egg omelette with chopped mushrooms and some grated cheese will see me from breakfast until early afternoon.
May 2017
9:33pm, 21 May 2017
6,864 posts
  •  
CStar
Agreed FR. Omelettes are brilliant for filling you up.
Wow Sharkie. I'm 6'2" and I really struggle to get down to 12st 7lbs.
May 2017
9:32am, 22 May 2017
766 posts
  •  
Flatlander
I've recently had a problem with my weight, which I blogged about, when it fell below 9st! I seem to be of the few people trying to put on weight :-o. I'm slowly getting there :-).
May 2017
10:20am, 22 May 2017
11,528 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Lou, you of all people are granted a special dispensation for wanting to lose weight for other reasons than racing. You will be a bride of slender, but curvy, loveliness. Slender curves are good. FACT. xxx
May 2017
10:43am, 22 May 2017
36,235 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
When I got married the first time, I went to my dress fittings going, "Oh, don't worry, I never lose weight, there will be no need to adjust the dress. By my wedding day 10lb had fallen off and it's fortunate that the dress wasn't the sort of dress that could fall down if the wearer didn't completely fill it.

And I wasn't even arranging the wedding, it was a Mother's Big Day sort of wedding (Mum looked magnificent) and my parents did most of the legwork and paid for almost everything.

I wonder if I could still fit in the dress. I still have it somewhere. I suspect it would be tight across my upper back and chest now, though my weight hasn't altered much.
Jun 2017
7:35pm, 6 Jun 2017
778 posts
  •  
Flatlander
I'm seem to be stuck on 9st 0/1lb :-(
At least the fat % has increased from 5 to 7 so I'm on the way up :-).

I'm sure that next week both will start to increase, and I'll be fit enough to start running again :-).
Jan 2018
10:16am, 6 Jan 2018
24,385 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
I’ve run the last 5 days after an active and relatively abstemious Christmas. I don’t think we have any scales and I’m not particularly training for anything, but if we did and I was, then a stone off and a not embarrassing time at the Haworth Hobble in March would be nice - say sub 6.5 hrs ;)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Curly45
A continuation of another thread that has died and never really fulfilled its original purpose.
Link to Stillman Calculator by Sprouty:
dl.dropbox.com

Link to Weight and Performance Calculator:
runningforfitness.org

Top Tips in order:
1. Run more miles
2. Cross train
3. Start cutting out stuff