The high training, self indulgent, weight loss for performance thread

150 watchers
May 2017
8:12pm, 16 May 2017
22,832 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
You might be waiting a few days cackle. Good luck!
May 2017
8:30pm, 16 May 2017
1,381 posts
  •  
cackleberry
*cries*
May 2017
8:40pm, 16 May 2017
11,508 posts
  •  
Sharkie
It's bloody hard work getting to race weight unless you're a freak of nature or naturally tiny. FACT.
May 2017
9:29pm, 16 May 2017
7,339 posts
  •  
LouLou
Thinking of trying intermittent fasting to get some weight off - I've gained probably 5 pounds over where I was at end of last year. Granted, in that time I've had a life threatening illness, didn't run for about 2 months and had to adjust to a lot of stuff physically and mentally.

I tracked again last week on mfp - then blew my calorie deficit on wine/junk food etc. on a night out Saturday. So my PT has suggested trying intermittent fasting.... will give it a go....
May 2017
9:31pm, 16 May 2017
22,835 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
Take it easy LouLou. It sounds like you need to just chill a while yet
May 2017
1:57pm, 17 May 2017
6,857 posts
  •  
CStar
Been back on beer and chocolate since VLM and so far no great impact surprisingly. however I do find as I'm not doing so much mileage that I'm eating a lot less generally anyway so maybe that's the give and take lesson of this.

As I ramp up mileage again, i'll probably try and stay away from the sugary stuff again ;-) (except during races when obviously it doesn't matter/count :-) )
May 2017
4:09pm, 17 May 2017
1,382 posts
  •  
cackleberry
When do you stop feeling hungry? Like distractingly hungry?
Only on day 3 of healthy eating mission, I have been logging on MFP to make sure I am still eating enough and so far calorie intake is still over 2000cals so that's fine, plenty of protein and fats. I have inadvertently just about halved my carb intake by making the bulk of my food fruit n veg.

I'm at work and had my afternoon snack about half an hour ago and I am ravenous!
(I had 6oz mixed fresh fruit and a 125g pot of Greek yoghurt)

Is it really 'just a craving'?
May 2017
4:18pm, 17 May 2017
6,014 posts
  •  
The_Saint
I thought fruit and veg are carbohydrates, have I got the wrong end of the stick?
May 2017
4:19pm, 17 May 2017
11,512 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Wish I could eat 2000 cals a day and still lose weight!
May 2017
4:23pm, 17 May 2017
26,686 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
First run on Sun (just 10ish miles) and I was down 2.5kg! Even Mon which is weigh day, I was still down 1.5kg. Flippin result. I'm only 2kg above my target proper running weight. Might be able to survive this injury period without becoming a total blob after all!

I've got a bit of bizarre "diet" of no food until 12 or later in the day (just a black coffee in the morning) and then my period of carp food is usually only after 9pm. Work til 6pm, only ever have lunch and another coffee at work (or obligatory work cake or biscuit if on offer). Because I am usually doing some kind of gym 6-8pm, my window to eat rubbish is reduced. It's my way of reducing calories and I don't ask anyone else to approve it!

:-) G

About This Thread

Maintained by Curly45
A continuation of another thread that has died and never really fulfilled its original purpose.
Link to Stillman Calculator by Sprouty:
dl.dropbox.com

Link to Weight and Performance Calculator:
runningforfitness.org

Top Tips in order:
1. Run more miles
2. Cross train
3. Start cutting out stuff