The high training, self indulgent, weight loss for performance thread

150 watchers
Feb 2012
1:24pm, 7 Feb 2012
57 posts
  •  
Curly45
A continuation of another thread that has died and never really fulfilled its original purpose.

I need some motivation for getting back on track after a number of months of inconsistent training has meant the weight has crept up. Lost about 7lbs since Xmas, but now am stuck again so despite some high mileage (60 miles a week currently) I am looking at dietry changes again.

If anyone would like to join me (especially the old crowd) that would be fab.

This is weight loss for performance benefit - my main target race is Maidenhead 10in April where I would like to break 70 mins so as that supermarket says, every little helps!

A summary from the old thread:
1. run more miles
2. cross train

3. start cutting out the treats
Feb 2012
1:35pm, 7 Feb 2012
560 posts
  •  
Mark J
I can do numbers 1 & 3, just about but fitting in 2 would be difficult because of time constraints. but I definitely need to shed a few pounds before my wedding in May. trying number 3 already by drinking water instead of snacking, now spend the day going to the loo.

Any additional help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

In short, I'm in.
Feb 2012
1:38pm, 7 Feb 2012
58 posts
  •  
Curly45
Here's some stuff about racing weights and the benefits of being lighter are obvious in terms of times:
pponline.co.uk
serpentine.org.uk

That might help with some motivation (or just depress you)!
Feb 2012
1:39pm, 7 Feb 2012
59 posts
  •  
Curly45
Oh and this core video is excellent and only 10 minutes a day:
vimeo.com
Feb 2012
1:40pm, 7 Feb 2012
561 posts
  •  
Mark J
10 minutes a day, in the comfort of your own home? I'm definitely in then, thanks. :)
Feb 2012
1:41pm, 7 Feb 2012
60 posts
  •  
Curly45
Its tough - take it easy to start with (say 30 secs and 30 secs rest)!

I'm going to try this one from tomorrow as well:
vimeo.com
Feb 2012
1:41pm, 7 Feb 2012
5,700 posts
  •  
Mrs Winkle
Once I'm back to full training after my ankle injury, I'll be here. At the moment though, it's just about getting back to running without causing further injury...whilst not getting fat!
Feb 2012
1:46pm, 7 Feb 2012
61 posts
  •  
Curly45
Excellent - hope the easing back in next week goes well!
Feb 2012
1:54pm, 7 Feb 2012
1,043 posts
  •  
Bru-Bru
Ok you got me. I seriously need some motivation to lose a lot of weight before April 14th (Brighton) and, while I have been training and cross-training, those little treats keep getting in the way......
Planning on gym tonight and a light supper but.........
Feb 2012
1:55pm, 7 Feb 2012
3,558 posts
  •  
becca7
This is pretty much what I am doing at the moment - I want to get rid of about 2 or 3kg before Blackpool Mara. I have not really done much cross training previously but I have added it in now. I am trying to keep a bit of variety - doing 30 Day Shred, Tae Bo or rowing. Core H every couple of days, although I can do all those for the full minute now so I am looking at alternating with different ones.

About This Thread

Maintained by Curly45
A continuation of another thread that has died and never really fulfilled its original purpose.
Link to Stillman Calculator by Sprouty:
dl.dropbox.com

Link to Weight and Performance Calculator:
runningforfitness.org

Top Tips in order:
1. Run more miles
2. Cross train
3. Start cutting out stuff