pi55ed off corner like the injured bench but with attitude x x x

30 watchers
Jun 2021
1:03pm, 4 Jun 2021
50,377 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
Wheelbarrowing a load of stone then the next day going for a hilly run screwed my back. Physio confirmed sciatica yesterday and gave me a pummelling. It’s all my fault for entering one of them races :-O
Jun 2021
1:27pm, 4 Jun 2021
295 posts
  •  
CasB
Also grrrr-ing here. What I thought was a bit of DOMS after a day's gardening has turned into a flare up of a very old back problem. Stiff and sore, and physio has no spaces until next Thursday! Supposed to be week one of my marathon training plan too.
Jun 2021
9:24am, 5 Jun 2021
2,785 posts
  •  
BarefootEm
Sooooo pi55ed off here!!

I don't think I'd feel so grrrrr of it's done my calf doing something exciting!

How'd you injure your calf?

Skiing
Mountain climbing
Shark attack
Fell running

No, I was going do a walk and stepped out of my back door and tore it!

On the plus side I can't snack as much because I can't carry anything myself 🤣🤣🤣
Jun 2021
9:28am, 5 Jun 2021
4,230 posts
  •  
Elsie Too
Get a rucksack for transporting snacks Em!!

Still no sign of running, or even walking a decent distance here after hurting my back in September. I go from being very grrr some days to just accepting my running days are over on other days, then very quickly BACK to grrrr.
Jun 2021
11:30am, 5 Jun 2021
2,788 posts
  •  
BarefootEm
Ah Elsie that sounds rubbish 😞

Loooove the back pack idea!
Jun 2021
8:30pm, 5 Jun 2021
38,921 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I di my calf on hill run 10 days ago, I think. Or turning my ankle in rabbit hole weekend before? Hoping mine will clear for next week tho.

Grrr indeed.

Cross train Thu 1 hour gym, Fri 45 min spin bike, today 1 hour canoe hard.

Keep up the cardio people. :-) G
Jun 2021
8:45pm, 5 Jun 2021
2,480 posts
  •  
panad
Shift up guys - another one here needing to squeeze into the corner 🤬

Over-extended something in my glutes/groin area (a quick dr google search suggests hip abductor but 🤷🏻‍♀️) doing some building work on Monday.... Walking is fine once I’ve got going in the morning(it’s very stiff when I first get out of bed/have been sat for a while), cycling (necessary commute) is uncomfortable initially due to pressure from saddle, but after the first minute or two the massaging motion really helps. No work this weekend so thought i’d try a gentle plod. Guess the difference i motion between walking and running is greaterthan I imagined as running is a definite NO! (Though I’ve found myself ‘running’ up and down stairs in the house without realising so 🤷🏻‍♀️)
Jun 2021
9:32pm, 5 Jun 2021
3,101 posts
  •  
idle_wilder
I've got a bit of plantar fasciitis in my right foot from standing whole shifts at work - eases when I'm at the other side of the building, but comes straight back when I'm having to stand again.

Have struggled this week between that and everything being tight and stiff (back especially) and my right calf has been niggly. Deadlifts earlier in the week were a struggle and I really want to get back run/walking again to shift some weight 😔
Jun 2021
2:48pm, 6 Jun 2021
299 posts
  •  
CasB
Was hoping my back might have eased up by now but tried a run this morning and it was a definite no, so week 2 of the marathon plan is also going in the bin. Just tried Mr CasB's turbo trainer so that's my cardio option for the next couple of weeks. So relieved we could get the saddle low enough for me to fit!

Em, a friend got a knee walker after a foot injury (something like amazon.co.uk ) and said it was far better than crutches. May not help with the snacking less though :-)
Jan 2022
1:10pm, 24 Jan 2022
23,834 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Need somewhere to vent some more!
Very pissed off.
Was starting to feel like I was making some progress and …

F’ing anoying ouch at the back of my knee - top of calf???

Fine for a bit then spasms at random. Don’t know what is going to set it off.
I can’t work out exactly where is hurts or even guess what I’ve done

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone