pi55ed off corner like the injured bench but with attitude x x x

30 watchers
Jun 2019
12:26pm, 11 Jun 2019
31,707 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I've been out for 6 months (pelvis), 3 months (hip, knee, back) etc. and done marathons, ultras and PBs. Never say never Raemondo .

Good luck to everyone who is injured. There's almost always a recovery on the horizon. :-) G
Jan 2021
3:57pm, 28 Jan 2021
1,727 posts
  •  
Longwayround [LWR]
Paying for a running training plan back at the end of October has really been worthwhile.
Jan 2021
3:59pm, 28 Jan 2021
1,728 posts
  •  
Longwayround [LWR]
Gah! Cat pressed Submit!

I found TrainAsOne a few months ago. It was doing a fine job of setting me achievable short runs that kept me motivated and uninjured. Then I caught that there lurgy. My running is now so short and slow that I do it in jeans and a winter coat, remembering to take my newly prescribed inhaler with me.
Jan 2021
8:06pm, 28 Jan 2021
48,862 posts
  •  
alpenrose
I know it's pants LWR, don't push it, it just has to take time. :-p You'll get back there in time.
Jan 2021
8:28pm, 28 Jan 2021
2,773 posts
  •  
idle_wilder
Well this is very apt just now! After dislocating my patella in July and slowly building up to lifting heavier than I was before the injury, and slowly re-introducing run/walk for some extra cardio, my knee shit itself on Monday. I had decided to do a quick 20 min circuit for some cardio and was almost finished. Did some knee to elbow in plank position and on planting my left foot up next to me, the patella popped out to the side for a couple of seconds until I could straighten my leg out. Seriously pissed off!
Jun 2021
11:10am, 4 Jun 2021
38,903 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
This a boing for anyone injured who is grrrrr-ing at not being able to run/walk or anything else.

I'm on week one of a calf injury. Mild, maybe 2 out of 5, but tried a run and had to bail after a mile. Grrrr!

BarefootEm, Derby Tup etc. come moan here with me! :-) G
Jun 2021
11:24am, 4 Jun 2021
124 posts
  •  
GetOutTheDoor
Also p***ed off and injured here. Started on physio, something hip related. Propber diagnosis still pending. Even a decent walk sounds like a complete fantasy at the moment, being able to sleep through the night without a pain awakening would be amazing.
Jun 2021
11:25am, 4 Jun 2021
38,907 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
That's a shame GOTD, sounds nasty. Do you know how you did it, or is it out of the blue?
Jun 2021
12:06pm, 4 Jun 2021
125 posts
  •  
GetOutTheDoor
We went for a walk!
Hence part of the confusion about what I've done.......

So yes, out of the blue.
Jun 2021
12:59pm, 4 Jun 2021
38,913 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Same as BarefootEm that I've linked to here who also did her calf just stepping out the door.

My calf was on a hill run but didn't feel anything at all on the day. Next day though and for the week since... ouch! :-) G

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone