pi55ed off corner like the injured bench but with attitude x x x

30 watchers
Jan 2022
2:40pm, 24 Jan 2022
25,182 posts
  •  
Serendippily
Do you remember Sharkie’s blogs on her popliteus? Any chance it could be that? sportsinjuryclinic.net
Jan 2022
8:35pm, 24 Jan 2022
23,836 posts
  •  
Rosehip
It’s certainly that sort of area - but so intermittent it’s weird.

There’s no tender spots anywhere and it’ll be fine for a few hours - I can stand up, sit down move around and nothing and then suddenly it’s like smeone has stabbed me for five minutes.
Jan 2022
9:30pm, 24 Jan 2022
25,187 posts
  •  
Serendippily
That’s what made me think it might be something only used with specific movements - I had a painful shoulder which only kicked in when the shoulder was fully rotated

“Popliteus muscle strain causes pain at the back of the knee in the fold of your leg, that ranges from mild to severe. Walking downhill or extensive running will increase pain. Standing on a slightly bent knee or rotating the knee may increase your pain. Some people may experience a cracking sound from the muscle/tendon when moved or touched. You may feel that your injured knee may give way under stress or may lock or catch. Chronic popliteus muscle strain will produce pain first thing in the morning. For runners with a chronic popliteus condition, they will have pain at the beginning of a run. The pain slowly subsides during the run, as your increased heart rate, activity, and blood flow help reduce inflammation in the popliteus muscle”
Jan 2022
9:31pm, 24 Jan 2022
25,188 posts
  •  
Serendippily
Hope you can track it down soon x
Jan 2022
9:47pm, 24 Jan 2022
23,837 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Thanks, Dipps - it could well be.
Have stuck a neuofen plaster to the back of the knee for overnight, to see if that helps. Will do some reading.
Jan 2022
9:46am, 25 Jan 2022
23,847 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Learning lots of anatomy - struggling to find anyhing that sounds exactly like the symptoms.
Will use the knee tube I have and try to move a bit more today. Need to try driving as am supposed to be going to mum’s tomorrow
Jan 2022
9:58am, 25 Jan 2022
41,154 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Ooh, I had that. Tenderness and swelling behind the knee/top of calf. That was a bursitis of the popliteal muscle/tendon? It went away with ice, raised leg, lots of rest, no weight bearing (minimal) after about 10 days - 2 weeks. Actually went to GP about it and that's all they advised. It worked though. Good luck Rh. :-) G
Jan 2022
10:03am, 25 Jan 2022
41,155 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
(Had to check back - popliteal cyst / bursitis? 27 Feb - 18 Mar 2012 - good old Fetch training log. Just ice, elevation and rest.)
Jan 2022
10:07am, 25 Jan 2022
41,156 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
(Actually, looks like it was end Mar before could run properly. I can give you everything I did from detection to diagnosis to return to running Rh, if it's any use. I won't put it in here, can send as fmail, if useful though.)
Jan 2022
10:08am, 25 Jan 2022
23,848 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Thanks HG :)

Certainly managing the rest - might get some knitting actually finished at this rate.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone