pi55ed off corner like the injured bench but with attitude x x x

30 watchers
Jun 2019
1:45pm, 3 Jun 2019
31,634 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Sorry to hear that Dipps.

Presume you've tried all the myriad things in the PF thread? Mine still rears its head occasionally, but just tweaking one thing or another usually calms it back down.

Best of luck. (I'll slope off cos I'm not injured at the mo. Famous last words!) :-) G
Jun 2019
1:50pm, 3 Jun 2019
12,831 posts
  •  
Serendippily
Of which the main one is rest. Six months of not even a walk. Six months of sit-ups. Six month of calf stretches. Six months of foot stretches and foot running. Boot does not work for me. Socks did not work for me. Currently on insoles and calf guards. And dieting. Some acupuncture. Some electro shock. Some massage although not very good.

Insoles only a month old see pod tomorrow. I think there may be mod improvement but the neuroma and PF are swapping the discomfort about.
Jun 2019
1:51pm, 3 Jun 2019
12,832 posts
  •  
Serendippily
Foot *rubbing*
Nice of autocorrect to optimistically shove running in there
Jun 2019
2:01pm, 3 Jun 2019
26,902 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
Don't go Dipps! It *will* get better, eventually. Good luck with the pod tomorrow xx
Jun 2019
2:01pm, 3 Jun 2019
31,636 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I did wonder what foot running was and how it was helping!

Good luck with the insoles. Seems from your blog that they are definitely making some difference. Even if it's to cause discomfort in other places.

I have a theory that a pain in a *different* place is a good thing because it means a pain in a previous place is either getting better or being balanced out (or something) by the new pain. All on the premise that I rarely run with *no* pain, nowadays.

The knuckle rubbing (scraping, crunching really) was helpful for me. And trying to land flat and avoid toeing off (though that won't apply until you are actually able to run again). :-) G
Jun 2019
2:52pm, 3 Jun 2019
12,833 posts
  •  
Serendippily
Yes I’m just resurrecting this thread to place a complaint everyday till I’m better in the hope I can then move on with the rest of my day :-) ignore me
Jun 2019
3:04pm, 3 Jun 2019
13,664 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
*waves* - I am trying to stay positive and focused but it's good to know this thread is here!
Jun 2019
3:08pm, 3 Jun 2019
2,631 posts
  •  
Raemond
I shall join you in the sweary corner, if I may.

Now my cast is off I keep forgetting that I'm still injured and trying to do normal things - today's was tucking my foot under me as I sit in my desk chair. Luckily I have a very F word tolerant team.
Jun 2019
3:23pm, 3 Jun 2019
12,834 posts
  •  
Serendippily
Yay! I will pretend to be stoic and supportive in other threads while whining away like mad here then
Jun 2019
4:58pm, 3 Jun 2019
9,434 posts
  •  
SarahWoo
Looks as though I’ll be joining you for a while :(

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone