•  
Fragile Do Not Bend
Good old NHS bureaucracy :)
Aug 2022
7:32am, 24 Aug 2022
15,239 posts
  •  
UltraDunc
My lost property quest had ended πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰ there were more twists and turns but I tired of documenting them. My final instructions to the courier was β€œleave parcel behind side gate” I discovered the parcel on the doorstep ahead of any scroats πŸ™„ still, they were very good with the tech side of multiple messages telling me the same thing that WAS delivered 🧐
Aug 2022
7:34am, 24 Aug 2022
43,442 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
They do like to confirm when they DO eventually deliver something successfully dint they Dunc? Glad you got it back at last. :-) G
Aug 2022
7:36am, 24 Aug 2022
15,242 posts
  •  
UltraDunc
Keyboard taps are easy πŸ˜‚
Sep 2022
7:01pm, 12 Sep 2022
10,297 posts
  •  
sallykate
Aaaargh!

I tried changing bank details for the direct debits on our gas and electricity in the summer - from mine to my husband's.

It didn't go through but working with customer services on WhatsApp seemed to sort things out.

Except that the electricity one keeps reverting to not sorted out. Looking at our account online, it's back to saying, "set up direct debit", even though I've had confirmation (again) that the DD has been set up.

So it'll be yet another WhatsApp later this week when I've got time to sort it out - but why should I have any faith that it'll work the third time when it's failed twice? And why is the gas one fine but the electricity one not? Same company, same bank account. Odd!
Oct 2023
9:27am, 26 Oct 2023
29,753 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
[on text chat to O2, trying to port my number in from my old provider which is closing down]

O2: Are you the account holder?
Me: Yes
O2: Can you tell me the last 2 characters of your security answer please?
Me: I have no clue what that would be. What's the security *question*?
O2: I am sorry, we are unable to share the security question for the security of the account.
Me: So I have to provide the answer to a question I can't remember?
Nov 2023
11:27am, 7 Nov 2023
12,574 posts
  •  
sallykate
Received a letter from BT telling us that they're moving us to a digital line and asking us to contact them if we have a burglar alarm connected to the landline - which we do.

So called them and spoke to someone who had no idea what she was supposed to do with that information.
Nov 2023
12:14pm, 7 Nov 2023
7,343 posts
  •  
bigleggy
I recently ordered something online and it never showed up. I had to fill out a form with the courier about the missing item. One of the compulsory fields on the form was for me to upload a picture of the item..........that never arrived.

So I sent them a picture of my open front door with no parcel in it :-)
Nov 2023
3:00pm, 10 Nov 2023
82,546 posts
  •  
Diogenes
I got a (genuine) email from a company I have used in the past telling me they had changed their sales platform and I needed to update my account. I clicked on the link provided and entered my email account, as prompted, the same account to which the email was sent, and hit the submit button. Nothing happened.

I tried to login to the website using my email address and password. It told me that one or both of these were invalid. I clicked on the link to reset my password and entered my email address. Apparently my email is not recognised. Their loss.
Nov 2023
3:10pm, 10 Nov 2023
10,105 posts
  •  
GordonG
Admiral insurance allow one person to be an Administrator for a car insurance policy, and another person to be the Policy Holder. But each person, for the one policy, needs a different email address. So now I have to remember which email address (and linked password) is associated with each person. but i previously had a different policy with them and that required its own, unique, email address and I have to remember not to use that one with the current policy.

About This Thread

Maintained by HappyG(rrr)
When you contact a help desk or get an email or letter and have to follow a process so convoluted you think you are stuck in a nightmare like a Kafka novel...

Vodafone. I tried a new mobile broadband thing. (BT land line in our house is terrible, keeps dropping out, 5 engineers couldn't fix it - actually, that's another whole story). So for about same amount per month I can get 4G broadband thing, no "line" into the house. But would it work? I'll get it on pay for 1 month, no c...