West Highland Way Race

58 watchers
Jan 2021
6:53pm, 10 Jan 2021
36,992 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Andy and I spoke a lot a John today Minty. As I say, the positivity radiating towards that man from all corners of the globe is wonderful. Keeping everything cross for good progress and outcome for him, and strength for his family.
Jan 2021
7:17pm, 10 Jan 2021
10,532 posts
  •  
Joopsy
It really is awful news G. I don’t know John well at all but know lots if you guys who are connected and close to him. He is most definitely in my prayers.
Jan 2021
7:28pm, 10 Jan 2021
5,628 posts
  •  
FenlandRunner
I was absolutely staggered and shaken when I read that yesterday. John is an unbelievably nice guy. As others have said he is always so positive and supportive. He has been in my thoughts ever since I found out.
Jan 2021
11:08pm, 12 Jan 2021
628 posts
  •  
M1nty
Devastated to report that John passed away earlier today. All our thoughts with Katrina and John's family.

John was a friend and an inspiration to all of us in the WHWR family. He will be missed immensely.
Jan 2021
11:58pm, 12 Jan 2021
1,573 posts
  •  
JaneyM
So very sad to hear this news. I didn’t know John but like many I loved his blog. My thoughts are with his family
Jan 2021
12:08am, 13 Jan 2021
68 posts
  •  
gambrinus
That's terribly sad news. RIP.
Jan 2021
6:03am, 13 Jan 2021
320 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
I only knew john slightly but it is so sad to hear the news.Thoughts and prayers with John's family and friends .
Jan 2021
7:35am, 13 Jan 2021
37,038 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Aww sh*t. Such a lovely guy. Why do bad things happen to good people? John was such a giver in everything he did, supportive, funny, and worked hard at things that really mattered, helping others. Such a terrible tragedy. There will be hundreds, thousands even, mourning his loss. RIP John K. :-(
Jan 2021
7:38am, 13 Jan 2021
5,648 posts
  •  
FenlandRunner
Such very sad news. I only the other day watched his Youtube video on Lakeland 100 in 2015.

RIP John.
Jan 2021
7:58am, 13 Jan 2021
11,834 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
Oh no, thanks for letting us know M1nty, we're both so sad to hear this. I will remember him as being a very kind and supportive man who loved helping people and celebrated everyone's running. He presented me with my first whw goblet in 2012. M1nty do you remember at Hardmoors 110 in 2017 John was at that first checkout in the hall at about 20 miles in. I was feeling crap and he was there with a friendly pep talk. shanksi took a photo of me sitting down having a cup of tea with you and John looking on. After the end of the race I remember he'd posted about me finishing and it made me so happy. He cared about everyone, even the plodders like me. In fact along with Murdo he talked me into attempting whw. I will miss his stats about the whw too, he put so much work into that race.

I hope after covid we can have a huge memorial service /party for him because if we had no covid he'd have 100s at his funeral. His lovely family must be devastated, thoughts are with them.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Jen J has created a topic to discuss this race