West Highland Way Race

58 watchers
Jul 2019
7:54am, 12 Jul 2019
32,047 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
That's great FR. Fingers crossed for you in the ballot. You've certainly got the credentials to qualify. :-) G
Jul 2019
8:46am, 12 Jul 2019
9,859 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
Glad to read this Fenners! I hope you get in
Jul 2019
1:01pm, 12 Jul 2019
2,206 posts
  •  
FenlandRunner
Thanks HappyG and MrsS
Jul 2019
11:57am, 13 Jul 2019
1,466 posts
  •  
shanksi
Yes, good luck in the ballot, Fenners and HappyG's mate. It was a great experience this year though very tough going in parts.
Not sure if I'll be in the ballot for next year or not. Probably not, but I'm definitely not saying never again, so we'll just see how things go.
May 2020
6:19pm, 23 May 2020
3,538 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
This year's race replaced with a virtual race :

"Midnight Thursday 12th June to 12 noon Sunday 21st June 2020
You can run the 95 miles solo or in teams over the 9 days"

westhighlandwayrace.org
May 2020
11:41pm, 23 May 2020
34,916 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Great idea. Very doable. Might go crazy and give it a go. :-) G
May 2020
3:28pm, 24 May 2020
34,924 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Apparently I'm in a Team of Three! Thanks katypie and kjtindall! 10 miles in 3 consecutive days is actually going to be a struggle for me! :-) G
Jan 2021
1:47pm, 8 Jan 2021
36,948 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I suspect many of you will already have seen this but for those not on FB, sadly John Kynaston, a committee member and long time supporter of the West Highland Way race, has had a heart attack and is in a critical condition.

whwrunner (Ian B) posted this on FB:

Many of you will be aware of this already, but in case not I am sharing a post about our great friend and committee member John Kynaston. It was a massive shock to hear the news, and I am sure you will all join me in wishing John a successful recovery, and in passing on our love and best wishes to his family at this difficult time.

and it is linked to John K's own family's FB post:

Many of you may know already but many may not that in the early hours of Tuesday morning our Dad and husband John had a heart attack. He had a prolonged time of CPR and fought hard to stay with us.
He is currently in intensive care on a ventilator. They found a blockage to the left side of his heart and he has a stent in place. His body is strong, his organs are functioning well, even his heart is strong. But they are concerned about his brain due to the significant period of insufficient oxygen to his brain. They have found swelling around his brain and are closely monitoring his brain activity each day, specifically for signs of seizures, and reassessing each day the best way to help him to wake safely.

We wanted to share this with you all because we think it’s what he would want and also because we want you to stand with us and pray for him.

- We are praying for miraculous healing sleep.

- That the swelling in the brain will come down and that there would be no signs of seizures.
- No lasting damage whatsoever to his brain, heart or any other organs.

- that the doctors and nurses will be inspired to know the best course of action to help him
- For strength of mind and body for John
- That they will let Mum sit with Dad ❤️
- For patience and strength in the waiting for us all as we eagerly await his waking
- For continued joy and peace for his grandchildren

- Ultimately for a safe and peaceful wakening for John

We are keeping a journal full of messages and prayers for John. Please post them below and we’ll keep them together in our book for him. We are asking the nurses to read messages to him until my mum can sit and read to him. Will also be an incredible thing for him to read when he wakes up.
This news is shocking and totally unexpected but we are holding on tight to our powerful healing God and have already felt his comfort and presence so tangibley like never before and we pray that you will to. We have been overwhelmed with the amount of messages of support, prayers and practical help that we’ve all received and are so grateful. We are declaring strength and life to the full over our incredible man. From Katrina, Jo, Emma, Laura, Hollie and our families xx

If you're not a FB'er and want to pass on messages, perhaps let Sandra B (santababy) or Ian B (whwrunner) or me or any other FB connected WHW folks and could possibly copy in your message to the family. Hundreds of messages of love and support on there already.

Stay strong John, and best wishes. G
Jan 2021
1:52pm, 8 Jan 2021
286 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
Oh blimey that is a shock I am not on FB so was not aware.

Will keep John in my prayers.
Jan 2021
1:54pm, 8 Jan 2021
36,951 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Thank you poppy - prayers are definitely something the family are asking for.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Jen J has created a topic to discuss this race