That was the week that was, this is the week that is

10 watchers
29 Jan
1:01am, 29 Jan 2024
3,009 posts
  •  
riggys99
Thought I would resurrect this thread as lots going on for people.

The week that was - my 4th week of marathon training with weekly totals of 40,52,52 and 53 miles. Ended the week with an undulating mixed terrain 10k in 43:13. Felt the weeks training in the legs on the second lap but fairly pleased. Maybe a hill sprint session the day before wasnโ€™t the best idea ๐Ÿ˜

The week that is - increased weekly mileage to 55 miles. A long run of around 21 miles with last mile the quickest. A v02 max interval session and a 7 mile or so steady run. Rest of runs easy.

Have a good week folks
29 Jan
7:06am, 29 Jan 2024
3,334 posts
  •  
Bowman ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช
Yes it's been a while :)

Looks like a great last week and great plan for this one riggys!

Weeks that have been:

I have started the marathon campaign, a bit subconsciously now in the beginning.

So just the broad strokes, mileage that gets funnelled into some speed once in a while. I'm not a big fan of made up official "plans".

Weeks so far this year i've done 81, 76, 82 and 88 mile weeks of good training!
I got my best week and month already this year, mileage wise.

I still believe that mileage will take me where i want to go, but it's getting harder and harder to shave off those seconds :)

Week that is:

It will be a tricky one.
I will travel for work in the end of the week, and i have a real live marathon this sunday.
But it will just be a longer long run with a faster finish. Just training.

I will dial down the mileage a bit.

So from a bit over 140 km last week, i'll go down to about 120 km i think.
This Training block i will try to pulsate the weeks, 3-4 weeks on and then one week a bit easier.

Have fun you all!
30 Jan
6:08am, 30 Jan 2024
3,011 posts
  •  
riggys99
Good plan to have a down week every few weeks. Good luck with the marathon on Sunday hope you get out off it what you want.

Changed my plan for next few months and concentrating on 10ks with a few 5ks before starting half marathon training in May for September half. Will decided after that if I will do the marathon at end of November or the half.
30 Jan
6:39am, 30 Jan 2024
3,335 posts
  •  
Bowman ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช
Yes i think that will help me not just upping the milage all the time.
Thanks, i might not be at the race itself since its challenging conditions on the route around the 2-3km lake it takes place..

200m of pure ice road :)

But otherwise i do it myself at another location.

So you might go for shorter stuff this year riggys?
30 Jan
8:03am, 30 Jan 2024
3,012 posts
  •  
riggys99
That looks challenging

Yes 10k to half marathon. Been on the 2 marathons a year cycle since 2019. Really enjoyed (if thatโ€™s the right word ๐Ÿค”) the 10ks I have done this year. Lots going off family wise this year so thought go for shorter stuff. Still aiming for 50ish miles a week but not as bad if I have a couple of shorter weeks
30 Jan
8:46am, 30 Jan 2024
3,336 posts
  •  
Bowman ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช
Ok, cool, i wish you all the speed in the world for your fast ones!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by riggys99
A thread to reflect on the previous weeks training and what our plans are for this weekโ€™s training. Doesnโ€™t have to been Monday to Sunday can be however you want.

Reflect on what went well what didnโ€™t )and why to both)
Plan what you want to do and why