Project Joker

9 lurkers | 54 watchers
6 Jan
2:28pm, 6 Jan 2024
10,900 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
It doesn't matter how often you do intervals they don't get easier but I mostly still enjoy them for some reason. Well done so far lin50 and good luck with the next 5 weeks.
7:37pm
7:37pm, 24 Feb 2024
5,410 posts
  •  
lin50
The plan was to do my post Joker timed 5k today at parkrun, but the course was really icy/slippy in places so we were warned to take it easy (good advice as it turned out). First mile was congested at the start and then icy tarmac, so really slow, but next 2 miles were a good pace and I ran the whole 5k instead of opting for my default run/walk!

So Project Joker has been a success for me even though I haven’t improved my 5k time (yet!).
Will give it a few weeks and then have another go as it encourages me to do some structured runs instead of just plodding at the same pace on every run.
7:49pm
7:49pm, 24 Feb 2024
11,271 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
It's a shame the weather hasn't been its usual self over winter, there would probably still have been a frost but not so much mud and water about. Well done lin50 and good luck with another parkrun soon. It's great you're running a full 5k and not having to resort to run/walk and wishing you all the best for your next PJ attempt.
7:54pm
7:54pm, 24 Feb 2024
38,808 posts
  •  
Ness
Quick question for the Project Joker thread. I'm thinking about restarting PJ after my half marathon in April. I'd like to continue going to parkrun though. Would you use that as the "threshold/tempo" run each week or do another threshold run on another day.
8:20pm
8:20pm, 24 Feb 2024
11,272 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Definitely use parkrun as a tempo run, I have done in the past.
8:27pm
8:27pm, 24 Feb 2024
38,815 posts
  •  
Ness
Thanks x

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
A thread for Project Joker participants to share their training achievements and questions.

Joker: fetcheveryone.com/joker.php