Senior Moments - log them here

162 watchers
Aug 2011
9:03am, 31 Aug 2011
12,016 posts
  •  
Night-owl
Put something i the oven to cook. Go back later and realise i haven't put the oven on
Aug 2011
9:06am, 31 Aug 2011
19,327 posts
  •  
JenL
Switch on top oven and put food in main oven, or vice versa. Why does that only ever happen when you put something on to cook just as you leave the house?
Aug 2011
9:07am, 31 Aug 2011
410 posts
  •  
Kimbles67
Bigleggy - I did that with my keys but I was about an hour and half away from the house. Had to phone hubby to leave work, drive home and pick up spare keys and then drive out to where I was to get me back in the car. I was actually at a race at the time lol
Sep 2011
7:10pm, 4 Sep 2011
23 posts
  •  
Columba
I've been laughing so much at this thread, I nearly choked on a cup of tea.

I did the opposite to Night-Owl this afternoon. Put some vegetables on to simmer, to make soup, completely forgot about them... You lose more saucepans that way...

Fortunately, on this occasion I noticed before it had reached the burnt-saucepan stage.
Sep 2011
7:23pm, 4 Sep 2011
202 posts
  •  
golfpag
forgot what i come in here for now
Sep 2011
7:26pm, 4 Sep 2011
15,931 posts
  •  
Stepford Wife
One of our team who retired today was rummaging through her bag so she could give £2 for the Euromillions. I watched her face change from puzzlement to panic. 'What's up?' I asked. 'I can't find my purse,' she said. 'It's tucked under your arm - you've already got it out.'

The other colleague and I said we'd remember this (or not) when we're like it in 20 years.
Sep 2011
7:50pm, 4 Sep 2011
434 posts
  •  
Kimbles67
Ran 10k in Glasgow today and met a few Fetchies for the first time. Didnt have my Fetch top on but my MacMillan vest which had my name on the top. So introduces myself by Fetch name then says names Kim by the way. Duh, my top kind gave it away!
Sep 2011
8:17pm, 4 Sep 2011
35 posts
  •  
Duchess
Frantically searching the bathroom for my glasses ... which I was wearing ... Oh dear.
Sep 2011
10:58am, 5 Sep 2011
3,354 posts
  •  
mulbs
wrote the date as 06/06/09 today - what's that about???
Sep 2011
1:46pm, 5 Sep 2011
2,823 posts
  •  
icemaiden
At the supermarket today I left some crisps and my newspaper on the non-moving bit of the belt at the end because I didn't want them to get crushed and I did want to get the paper out of the bag first. Of course I forgot to put them on the belt and they got left there and I only realised when I was home, saved myself about £4 doing this! I wonder what else I left there?

About This Thread

Maintained by ChrisHB
Dropped in at the doctor's to try to arrange a Shingles Jab, which I should get at 70. the receptionist went to see the nurse and came back to inform me that I had had it in June.