Senior Moments - log them here

162 watchers
Aug 2011
1:31pm, 30 Aug 2011
6,196 posts
  •  
ChrisHB
1a) Make two cups of coffee by adding two lots of instant coffee to one cup and none to the other (twice in past fortnight).
1b) Make two cups of coffee by adding instant coffee to two cups and forgetting the water.
Aug 2011
1:40pm, 30 Aug 2011
18,277 posts
  •  
Nellers
I made 2 cups of tea yesterday and only realised why they were looking so milky when I tried to take the teabags out and discovered......you're all way ahead of me here, aren't you?
Aug 2011
1:44pm, 30 Aug 2011
19,307 posts
  •  
JenL
I was at a friend's house for coffee last week. She has one of those Tassimo things. Her telephone rang and i said I'd do the coffee while she answered it. I selected an appropriate pod, pressed the "Go" button, sat down and read a magazine while I waited for her. When I looked up after a minute or so, her lovely clean worktop was awash with coffee. I had forgotten to put a cup underneath the nozzle :-0
D2
Aug 2011
1:46pm, 30 Aug 2011
4,161 posts
  •  
D2
there's a tea coffee theme developing already - i recently made a pot of tea and a pot of coffee for some customers and when i poured the tea out it was water...... again, you're all ahead of me....
Aug 2011
1:47pm, 30 Aug 2011
17,110 posts
  •  
ogee
Fooking hell i'm going to spend a lot of time in this thread.
Just tried to sand down a cupboard by my front door, spent ages wondering why my new electric sander wasn't taking much off then realised I hadn't put a sanding sheet on it, velcro backing doesn't work quite as well....
Aug 2011
1:47pm, 30 Aug 2011
19,308 posts
  •  
JenL
So does this indicate that it's tasks with more than 2 steps to them that are most affected by the march of time?
Aug 2011
1:51pm, 30 Aug 2011
384 posts
  •  
Jubear
Ask MrJB whether he would like tea or coffee, listen to reply, return to kitchen, make a mug of something random and give it to him. But he's catching me up cos he notices less often these days - or else he's more accepting of the service level...
Ted
Aug 2011
1:53pm, 30 Aug 2011
9,890 posts
  •  
Ted
I think so far that you Jen are the only exception to the rule that men can't multi-task.
Aug 2011
1:57pm, 30 Aug 2011
5,713 posts
  •  
TRO Saracen
Dreadful things happening to me.

I dribbled over myself the other day, and then worse, much much worse: fell asleep sitting upright in a chair while watching TV, woke myself up with a snorting noise and then tried to deny I was asleep by attempting to prove I hadn't missed any of the TV (and failed). I remember my Grandfather doing this, and taking the p&ss out my dad for being old when he did it. Serves me right, I suppose. :-(
Aug 2011
1:58pm, 30 Aug 2011
231 posts
  •  
Mrs mjb
I've got a different one! I put the washing in the washing machine, powder in the drawer, selected programme, came back an hour later and emptied the washing which was still dry. How I hear you ask - didn't press start!!!!!!

About This Thread

Maintained by ChrisHB
Dropped in at the doctor's to try to arrange a Shingles Jab, which I should get at 70. the receptionist went to see the nurse and came back to inform me that I had had it in June.