Loo Roll Watch

20 watchers
Mar 2020
6:05pm, 16 Mar 2020
9,647 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
Panic buying going to increase with today's announcements.
Mar 2020
6:24pm, 16 Mar 2020
459 posts
  •  
Chell
Breaking news. Lol roll has just been delivered at my local Sainsburys
um
Mar 2020
7:02pm, 16 Mar 2020
1,870 posts
  •  
um
I have been told (on good authority) that the starch used for Andrex is the same as used to make Quavers. So deep Fried Loo Roll could be a snack?

What is lol roll? Is it just a joke?
Mar 2020
9:40pm, 16 Mar 2020
22,513 posts
  •  
Lizzie W
The pharmacy next door had 32 boxes of paracetamol this morning, hidden under the counter.
Mar 2020
9:51pm, 16 Mar 2020
641 posts
  •  
Scorge
things are about to get properly hunger games soon. we all know the lockdown is coming, just a question of when. most supermarkets in aberdeen either have none, or are rationing big time. think the wider retail strategy now must be to increase the capacity to online ordering from frontline stores when the shit properly hits the fan and everyone is having to do it from their living room (and that's providing the internet doesn't explode).

on one hand, my annual strategy of a 1st week of january bulk bathroom/washing powder etc shop for the year has paid off for once on the loo roll front, so feeling slightly (only slighty) smug. on the other, my bi-monthly cupboard shop runs out before the panic window, so i'm not getting away with that.....
Mar 2020
4:57am, 17 Mar 2020
30,338 posts
  •  
halfpint
Spoke to my sister last night and they have done absolutely nothing to prepare for having to self isolate. She has 3 kids (a nearly 6 yo and nearly 2 yo twins). I think this is the opposite of panic buying, and frankly ill advised. I’m glad I won’t be self isolating in their house.
Mar 2020
7:14am, 17 Mar 2020
462 posts
  •  
roberton
If you have to self-isolate, it’s only for two weeks. That isn’t that much stuff. Like one spare loo roll :-)
Mar 2020
7:53am, 17 Mar 2020
10,205 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
I tried registering for online shopping with Sainsbury's and they have no spare slots for the next 3 weeks.
Mar 2020
7:55am, 17 Mar 2020
30,341 posts
  •  
halfpint
Haha! My sister has minimal cupboard space so they don’t tend to have much excess in the cupboards. I imagine there will be a frantic shopping trip in the coming days.
Mar 2020
8:35am, 17 Mar 2020
3,590 posts
  •  
Fizz :-)
The brain’s a funny old thing, isn’t it? I used to buy toilet rolls in nine packs, and replace once we’d taken two or three out. The last few times, I’ve bought a 16 pack, and I’m getting worried that I need to stock up, “because it’s opened”. It still has nine rolls in, plus at two further spares in the bathroom and toilet.

About This Thread

Maintained by Ocelot Spleens
Have you got lack of Loo Roll?