BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Vote watch - did you vote today?

4 watchers
7 May
9:16am, 7 May 2021
20663 posts
DeeGee
Our local primary was closed due to there being absolutely no other suitable venue anywhere on the estate.

I voted at 8.30pm as I was looking after the kids all day. Two other people voting at the same time.
7 May
9:29am, 7 May 2021
2425 posts
Fitz
Our polling station moved to a larger venue, but still no more than 5 mins walk each way. We timed it well, no queue when we arrived but a big queue forming as we were leaving - perhaps we just moved too slowly through the polling station and created a logjam behind us!
7 May
9:41am, 7 May 2021
4887 posts
ThorntonRunner
Slight problem at this polling station yesterday :)
twitter.com
7 May
3:31pm, 7 May 2021
793 posts
Dibble
If the presiding officer can't get into the polling station in the morning for any reason, then the official instruction is to do what you can (out of the back of your car is one option suggested). I hadn't realised this ever had actually happened!
7 May
3:57pm, 7 May 2021
6292 posts
Surrey Phil
Our community hall was open and the set up was the same as usual apart from social distancing, wearing a mask (although one poll clerk didn't as exempt) and bring your own pen or pencil.

There wasn't any one way system in place which they could have done given that the side door is usually open to aid ventilation. However, I was greeted by a very friendly lady at the door upon arrival who thanked me for coming and wished me a good day when I left. So that made my day!

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by NDWDave
Yep