Bazoaxe
I ran into a road sign
Oct 2019
12:39pm, 4 Oct 2019
3,331 posts
  •  
mr d
Ouch, ouch and ouch to those.

My ribs don't appear to be broken, it doesn't hurt when I breath, but for anything else.
PK
Oct 2019
12:52pm, 4 Oct 2019
36 posts
  •  
PK
Only once (touch wood, for tonight) when entering a park. Tripped/stumbled over absolutely nothing and went down on the tarmac. Queue quite chuckles and laughter from the teenagers on the bench next to me.

Only thing I could do was get up and get on with it. My main thought was that i hoped my watch wasn't damaged for my strava update. You know how it is :)

(I was fine, obligatory bruised ego only).
Oct 2019
7:43am, 5 Oct 2019
1,919 posts
  •  
FurryH
Mr d, i have bruised ribs after a motorcycle accident a couple of weeks back. Get yourself checked in hospital (i rang 111 for advice and they were ace and details were passed on for when i walked in). Takes a long time to recover and i am now having private physio for rotator cuff injury that was obscured by rib pain.
Oct 2019
10:44am, 5 Oct 2019
3,333 posts
  •  
mr d
Thanks FurryH.

Managed to do it twice before, however this time even after recovering from the initial winding it was really painful on the side I landed on.

The other times the pain arrived the next day and built from there. Being 14 years older probably doesn't help.
Sep 2020
2:07pm, 13 Sep 2020
3,749 posts
  •  
mr d
I am sure someone else has fallen since my last one, trip on the pavement, shredded my elbow, streaks of blood on my arm. Bruised my knee and other thumb isn't moving well. Coukd have been worse.
Sep 2020
2:10pm, 13 Sep 2020
40,656 posts
  •  
LindsD
Oh no! I haven't for a while....
Sep 2020
4:13pm, 13 Sep 2020
12,509 posts
  •  
Ness
I’ve had the occasional trip, slip or fall on a run. My most spectacular was when I tripped on uneven tarmac in July 2017 while out on what had been planned to be a long run. I landed flat on my face. Didn’t even react quick enough to put my hands out so broke my nose....

I ended up going for a job interview a few days after this photo was taken. I had two lovely black eyes! Surprisingly, I got the job!
Sep 2020
5:26pm, 13 Sep 2020
3,750 posts
  •  
mr d
Ouch Ness, ouch.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Tim of Fife
I have had three falls in a month whilst running (after probably two years without one).

Today&ap...