Getting injured while running :-(

0 watcher
Aug 2011
1:24pm, 18 Aug 2011
13,305 posts
  •  
flanker
I fall over regularly, and my knees are all scar tissue. I tend to do it on the flat bits, and I suppose it is when I switch off and pay no attention to where my feet are going.
Aug 2011
1:51pm, 18 Aug 2011
13,839 posts
  •  
swittle
Ooo, sore point for me - literally! 5 minutes into my run, I tripped and crashed headlong into the pavement - not 10 yards away from where I'd performed the same stunt 4 or 5 years ago :-o

Paving's smooth and even but I don't pick my feet up, almost as if on castors. Grazed knee, elbow & hand & bruised shoulder :( Was going to return home but the red mist set in and I ran ten more miles, attracting some odd expressions on the way ;)
Aug 2011
6:25pm, 19 Aug 2011
25,339 posts
  •  
Toks
yes mary brite, i will toughen up :-)

thanks for sharing all ur fallen and injury stories :-)

and yes ph, we runners need to be wrapped in bubble wrap for real ;-)

today, i fell stiff just walking around the house and my son insisted to be playing or poking my big bruise :-0 omg it hurts! ouch but i will survive

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Toks
While running my normal pace this morning, got into my stride, everything going so well and all of a...