Hi ,
It looks like you're using an ad blocker, which is understandable if you don't like ads. Who does really? However, our site is free for you to use because of a mixture of adverts and voluntary donations from users. Please consider enabling ads for our website, or making a voluntary donation.
Thanks,
Ian Williams - Fetcheveryone

Sub 3Hr Marathon

2 lurkers | 250 watchers

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.
8:54am
8:54am, 18 Mar 2019
1216 posts
Chris
Sounds far too sensible Brunski, hope you're feeling better today.
9:29am
9:29am, 18 Mar 2019
214 posts
paul0
Yes, hope that passes quickly Brunski.

Last week was a poor one for me. I lost a lot of focus, particularly on quality, but also was a bit shy on mileage. Nevermind. The wind, a sore ankle, and other committments didn't help, but realistically I think it was just the cumulative fatigue of being deep into a training cycling.

On the plus side my Mancs number arrived - #1398. :)
9:38am
9:38am, 18 Mar 2019
14183 posts
Bazoaxe
I am starting to feel I am getting to a good place. I am still not quite convinced I am sub 3 shape, but not far away. To give myself every chance I have ordered a pair of the 4%ers.

I actually feel like if I was starting to train from now I would definitely get to sub 3 shape. Think is I have been at this since mid December so cant really start much earlier. Maybe I just need to train on for Autumn....
11:31am
11:31am, 18 Mar 2019
215 posts
paul0
That's a familiar feeling Bazo. And surely must be right that training for longer (with suitable easier weeks) would get us into better shape. The difficulty is, for amateur athletes like us, that level of committment for 6months+ is hard to maintain. I can just about manage a 3-4month training cycle but can't wait for the race towards the end of that.
11:44am
11:44am, 18 Mar 2019
4026 posts
jdarun
Sounds like a bunch of us have been struggling paul0, but I just take it as a sign that I've been training at about the right level. If I wasn't tired by now I would wonder how much more I should/could be doing...

However after a gentler week I had a really good long run this morning despite rain rather than the promised sun! But I had the bounce back in my legs and the hard intervals went fairly well. They are never great but it was much better than the same workout 2 weeks ago when I bailed on the hard work and just jogged round.

Not sure whether this week will count as "taper", may try to keep the mileage up as much as possible but not got any really hard workouts planned.
12:53pm
12:53pm, 18 Mar 2019
1232 posts
Little Miss Happy
Hope you can shake it off quickly Brunski.

I agree about it being right that it should be feeling like hard work at this stage jda.

Baz - I find that after a spring campaign I can afford to tick over for a bit before training for an autumn marathon which is easier with the lighter mornings, better weather etc.
12:55pm
12:55pm, 18 Mar 2019
1394 posts
Brunski
Felt alright this morning so set off for my easy run to work. Going down a fairly steep hill a lady stepped across the pavement right infront of me to cross over the road, I managed to sidestep her and avoid a collision but in doing so I slipped on a patch of leaf mulch, slid along about 5-10m on one knee and got back up to continue my journey (cursing her slightly). No harm done but had to run in the last 4 or so miles with a muddy (slightly grazed) leg.

Thankfully the running bit went well and think I may have avoided the worst of the lurgy my eldest and wife have been suffering with.
1:13pm
1:13pm, 18 Mar 2019
14186 posts
Bazoaxe
LMH - most of my best marathons have happened when I have run consecutive marathons with no injury in between, but a bit of recovery then another build up

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

All about hitting the magic 2:xx:yy!

----------------------
Targets for 2019:

7 April

Manchester
jdarun #504 2:44:59
paul0 #1398 2:54:59

Rome
Brunski 2:49:59

15 April Boston
jomo_richmond 2:59

28 April London
CC2 Speedy Goth 2:59:59
LMH 2:54:59
davelord 2:59:59
Bazoaxe 2:59:59
Chris 2:44:59
WW 2:59:59
willdowney 2:58

6 May Milton Keynes

Daz Love 2:59

20 Oct Abingdon
Lee78 2:54:59
two flush 2:59:59

======
Results 2019
======

bunting
medal medal medal medal medal

3 March Tokyo
SKR 2:56:01

medal medal medal medal medal
bunting

=====================
Current (2018) thread owner jdarun, if I go awol then feel free to take over...