Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

The sub 2.45 marathon thread

211 watchers
2 Oct
5:50pm, 2 Oct 2020
4786 posts
RunningBob
No not that one ...
2 Oct
5:51pm, 2 Oct 2020
4787 posts
RunningBob
Coniston Trail Marathon. Still it's a race and so far not cancelled. So I'm going out to enjoy it. Unlike Jock I don't have an unbeaten record in Cumbria.
2 Oct
6:01pm, 2 Oct 2020
178 posts
Stokesy
I was about to say did you get in there first and secure the transfer of Bekele’s place Bob?!

I’ve resolved to tap my effort out on the track next weekend to see what might have been. Hopefully the weather might be a bit better by then...
6 Oct
1:39pm, 6 Oct 2020
1465 posts
Chris
After joining the sub 2.40 club at the weekend in Dorney how do you know when you've reached your potential?

I'm struggling to see where my motivation is going to come from next year to train for a marathon. I've got Boston in the spring (hopefully) so might try an alternative training approach for it. ie run less miles and see what happens :D
6 Oct
1:44pm, 6 Oct 2020
13322 posts
Jock Itch
How you get on Bobby boy ? I have retired from the fell running scene with a 100% record. :) In the history book. Joss Naylor = pussy.

Nice one Chris. Thats a bloody good performance n that weather :-O Motivation a big struggle here over the longer distance. been doing it for years. Time to stick to the lesser distance for me. Take a break and I'm sure the juices will start to flow again soon.
7 Oct
9:14am, 7 Oct 2020
1466 posts
Chris
Thanks Jock, trouble is running is the only thing that's keeping me marginally sane at the moment
7 Oct
10:01am, 7 Oct 2020
179 posts
Stokesy
Chris - I don’t think you ever know when you’ve reached your potential! That’s probably why we’re all still churning out the miles year on year.

Always a bit of a post race comedown, my advice would be to enjoy a bit of down time, give some shorter stuff a go if you can over the winter as Jock suggests, and build on what went well for you in this marathon training cycle in the new year.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Gobi

Close