Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

The sub 3.30 marathon thread

172 watchers
17 Oct
5:31pm, 17 Oct 2020
1736 posts
SailorSteve
Sounds like you’re in a good groove M and I think that remembering that running is a gift at the best of times and particularly now is a positive place to be.

I like running big weeks (I think 80 odd has been my max) and have strung quite a few 200+ months together in the past just for fun, as well as for a race target, but ultimately ended up a bit over-fatigued when I kept it up for too long so, deliberately, I aim to ‘periodise’ things a bit more now, in order to create some sort of peak for my next target race, whenever that may be.

Here’s hoping that you get your 3:29:xx opportunity sooner than we think!
17 Oct
5:43pm, 17 Oct 2020
1961 posts
Oscar the Grouch
Bit sharper than 3.30 pace... :-)
17 Oct
6:16pm, 17 Oct 2020
1265 posts
Marchbanks
Wise SS, I think I’ll settle back down once winter is over to minimum 30 m/w but trying not to think too far ahead .. although I do!

Oscar the Grouch, I’ve always trained well but not managed to pull it off on day unfortunately.
17 Oct
6:29pm, 17 Oct 2020
10263 posts
chunkywizard
Oscar, how did your marathon go?
17 Oct
8:04pm, 17 Oct 2020
12335 posts
larkim
Final three at sub 3hr pace? Think 3:30 looks a very soft target if you can hit that already, but you're in a good place definitely!
17 Oct
8:13pm, 17 Oct 2020
1962 posts
Oscar the Grouch
CW, blog has the sorry tale! I'm broken

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by clare1976
This thread is alive :-) - if you want to be added to the header, post your details or fmail me (clare1976)

Don't forget to keep everybody updated on your training / race successes, learns, questions, best practices etc in the build-up :-)

2020 Races
#dontbeshit #gohardorgohome #DoOrDoNotThereIsNoTry:

Any more this year?!

bunting 2020 Hall of Fame medal champagne medal bunting
Well done to:

SailorSteve (Virtual London Marathon official) - 3:28:04 :-)
chunkywizard (Dorney Lake) - 3:24:26 :-)