Training plan

1 watcher
Jun 2015
12:49pm, 9 Jun 2015
17 posts
  •  
kpeel87
When using the training plan function on the website it automatically adds everything from your training plan as an activity in your training log when it comes to that day.

This is great, except for when I then add the activity with all of the actual data I then have two activities in my log, one from the plan which has the basic details, and one from my garmin which has all of the actual data, I then have to go through and delete the duplicate entries in my log. Is there a way to stop it adding them from the plan to the log? Or to sync the two activities somehow?

Thanks
Jun 2015
1:29pm, 9 Jun 2015
16,054 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
No, you just have to click the little 'bin' icon next to the planned session.

It's difficult to sync them up because peoples actual session often deviates from what they planned. Plus sometimes people have more than one entry. And some people like to keep the planned entries alongside the actual stuff.

In short, it's just easier for you to click the bin icon :-)
Jun 2015
3:09pm, 9 Jun 2015
23,837 posts
  •  
Nick Cook
I've always thought it odd that the planned activities automatically go onto the log. It's why I don't use the plan. I would prefer the two to be completely separate.

Just my two pennyworth.
Jun 2015
3:13pm, 9 Jun 2015
9,813 posts
  •  
Diogenes
Same here, that and I never stick to a plan
Jun 2015
3:15pm, 9 Jun 2015
23,845 posts
  •  
Nick Cook
Me neither!
Jun 2015
3:16pm, 9 Jun 2015
9,814 posts
  •  
Diogenes
(perhaps we are not the right people to be commenting on this thread)
Jun 2015
3:17pm, 9 Jun 2015
23,846 posts
  •  
Nick Cook
See new poll.
Jun 2015
3:23pm, 9 Jun 2015
1,355 posts
  •  
EarlyRiser
Voted. I write out a 4 week look-ahead plan and normally expect to fulfil it (even if not to the letter.) So it saves time for planned activities to appear in the log.

Maybe a user optional setting would satisfy us both. :)
Jun 2015
3:25pm, 9 Jun 2015
205 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
I can see why some people wouldn't want the planned and actual sessions merged, and also that some people (like me) would. Maybe that could be a option a user could turn off or on?
Jun 2015
3:29pm, 9 Jun 2015
206 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
Personally I would like the training plan activities to still move over to the training log, as I have things like gym and yoga on there that I don't use the garmin for. But if I have a run scheduled and a run gets uploaded to the site from my garmin on the same day, I would like the site to recognise the two things are the same activity.

About This Thread

Maintained by kpeel87
When using the training plan function on the website it automatically adds everything from your trai...