Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

The sub 1:30 half thread

150 watchers
27 Jan
12:12pm, 27 Jan 2021
18731 posts
Bazoaxe
Hoovering and cutting the grass were the secrets shared by one top scorer.

I once caught a colleague in a meeting racking up steps by twirling his pedometer round his finger :-o
27 Jan
12:29pm, 27 Jan 2021
4107 posts
Nelly
I've not necessarily been missing from Fetch, just not running as often...

Funnily enough, my workplace are also in the middle of a "steps" challenge. They are using an app called "Walkingspree" that allows users to not only log steps (either manually or automatically from Fitbit/Garmin etc) but also manually log other "activities", which are then converted into equivalent steps... I particularly like the ability to gain 1,000 steps for every 10mins of fishing undertaken (although to be fair, they have withdrawn the ability to gain steps by logging sleeping!).

I like your idea of a solo half target Baz, with the chance of an actual race looking remote until late summer/autumn here, I may do something similar.
27 Jan
3:06pm, 27 Jan 2021
37308 posts
HappyG(rrr)
To be fair, if a 5 mile run is 5,000 steps, then a 2.5 mile way is probably a similar number (smaller strides?) And I'm sure shop workers, nurses etc. do huge step numbers per day. Less so Bazo (and my former) colleagues in IT and banking who sit at a computer all day! :-) G
27 Jan
3:12pm, 27 Jan 2021
37309 posts
HappyG(rrr)
*walk not way
27 Jan
6:50pm, 27 Jan 2021
1417 posts
Daz Love
Our running club had a steps challemge recently. One person done a half marathon running and it was 14000 steps, walked the exact same route the next day out of interest and it was 20000 steps. So an extra c40% walking.
28 Jan
12:48am, 28 Jan 2021
653 posts
njosmith
Queensland has been remarkably lucky so we have very few cases, and even those are usually in hotel quarantine. Noosa half was cancelled recently and I was pretty surprised. I am still to decide whether to go for a sub 3:15 marathon this year (at Gold Coast) or concentrate on shorter distances.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Nelly
For those who want to go sub 1.30 in a half marathon and/or those that have already done it and want to give advice. Share your journey here.

These are the upcoming attempts:
---------------------------------
*tumbleweed*
---------------------------------

2020 Hall of Fame bunting :
medal K5 Gus medal puzzler medal SKR medal
medal riggsy98 medal Thistle. medal Paul N medal
(let's leave this here until we have any prospect of replacing it in 2021?)