Sub 3Hr Marathon

279 watchers
14 Aug
11:22pm, 14 Aug 2022
2086 posts
  •  
Brunski
Jomo, I've never had a coach, rarely follow a plan, but if you trust the coach and he/she can explain their thinking around the sessions I'd think you're best to forget about your previous marathon training, trust the coach, and their processes, and see what it delivers.

You ran close to a PB over the HM off this training so somethings going well.
14 Aug
11:30pm, 14 Aug 2022
77674 posts
  •  
Gobi
Trust the coach

I Coach using a mix of pure speed and MP but all coaches and atheltes are different

From the half id say it is working
15 Aug
6:17am, 15 Aug 2022
5958 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
Good to hear that you have been able to build up after your long lay off and get back in to such good shape jomo. I agree with the others - trust your coach.
jda
15 Aug
7:01am, 15 Aug 2022
13179 posts
  •  
jda
I don’t like big chunks of MP and the JD plan seems quite down on them though it includes 3 (in 18 weeks) which I mostly replace with races. So I maybe do one or two.
15 Aug
9:04am, 15 Aug 2022
77676 posts
  •  
Gobi
Most MP done outside a race ever is a 10 mile.
15 Aug
12:08pm, 15 Aug 2022
184 posts
  •  
jomo_richmond
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the feedback - was just nervous about throwing away my comfort blanket of long MP runs.
15 Aug
7:29pm, 15 Aug 2022
1597 posts
  •  
Chris
Take a look at the elite jack Daniels plan JDA there are some pretty nasty long tempo runs in there

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by jda
All about hitting the magic 2:xx:yy!
======
Targets 2022
======

2 Oct London
Chris 2:36
Brunski 2:45
Lee78 2:50

2 Oct Chester
elio 2:55ish

======
Results 2022
======

bunting
medal medal medal medal medal

3 April Manchester
jda 2:53:15

2 May Milton Keynes
lee78 2:50:16

medal medal medal medal medal
bunting

=====================
Current (2018) thread owner jdarun, if I go awol then someone else should feel free to take over...