•  
Bowman ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช
Yea i didnt wanna play anymore just because of that Mark :D
7 Mar
7:19am, 7 Mar 2024
1,903 posts
  •  
Mark J
Probably Nike Pegasus. Not my favourite for anything, but a good all rounder that will tolerate good trail conditions as well as tarmac.
I think that's a good call Velociraptor
7 Mar
7:40am, 7 Mar 2024
3,429 posts
  •  
Bowman ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช
Humm maybe Salomon Glide Max TR if it have to work for everything.

Cus i dont wanna have to use NB supercomp on anything but tarmac :)
The salomons are really versatile and will work on trail, gravel and some tarmac.
11 Mar
4:22pm, 11 Mar 2024
94 posts
  •  
AndyJ57
Hoka Clifton 8's for me, comfortable and fast enough as my all-out days are behind me
11 Mar
5:14pm, 11 Mar 2024
21,968 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I like this thread... where you feel at home with other people who think 25 pairs of trainers is acceptable haha

So for me:

Road/light trail - vibram five fingers everytime (unless its a very long run, in which case Inov8 Parkclaw)

Trails: Inov8 G270 Trailfly

if its only 1 pair its vibram and I will run accordingly
11 Mar
5:15pm, 11 Mar 2024
21,969 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
now see I thought about it and I actually think Altra's for trail.

(I am tempted to try oncloud at some point)
11 Mar
5:43pm, 11 Mar 2024
761 posts
  •  
Minimag
For me for road, if only 1 pair of shoes I would go for the Puma Velocity Nitro, they also happen to be reasonably priced and almost always on offer!

I dont feel qualified to state trail shoes, as I've stopped running trails as I've turned my ankle too often
11 Mar
9:17pm, 11 Mar 2024
1,920 posts
  •  
Mark J ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ
I like this thread... where you feel at home with other people who think 25 pairs of trainers is acceptable haha

Not only is it acceptable, it's absolutely necessary.
11 Mar
9:34pm, 11 Mar 2024
27,605 posts
  •  
Dvorak
I have six pairs (I think) in current use, plus two (different) pairs in reserve. Of the current ones, I pick a pair that probably you've never heard of, True Motion Aion.

Took a chance on them as cheap on Sportsshoes. Needed a decent standard all-rounder, and that's just what I got.

sportsshoes.com

(Superceded by an updated model at three times the current price. Hmm, perhaps I should buy another pair, despite having around two years worth of shoes, at projected usage and longevity.)
11 Mar
9:55pm, 11 Mar 2024
21,971 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
You are correct Iโ€™d not heard of those but great price.

As a Vibram fan and theyโ€™re very marmite Iโ€™ve bought a few pairs on vinted for a steal one pair ยฃ25 the most expensive ยฃ49 when they are are circa ยฃ120-ยฃ140 I can justify multiple pairs ๐Ÿคฃ

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

So, like many of you here, I'm sure, I have a reasonable number of pairs of running shoes in my current rotation. In the interests of transparency, it's 7 with 3 more pairs banked in readiness. Yes, I'm a running shoe wh%*e

So I put this question to you all: which of the current rotation would be your forever show and why?