Cushioned Trail Shoes

13 watchers
4 Jan
9:06pm, 4 Jan 2024
5,651 posts
  •  
Dillthedog
In dry trails I use Asics Fujitrabucos, which are fine for all day wear on hard surfaces. When it’s muddy, I use mudclaws and find them ok on roads too, except that they will probably wear out a bit more quickly
4 Jan
10:09pm, 4 Jan 2024
10,045 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
Ha. Quite a lot more quickly in my experience ..... :-)
4 Jan
10:30pm, 4 Jan 2024
63,405 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
Walshes are the same :-)
10 Jan
7:59am, 10 Jan 2024
3,207 posts
  •  
Big_G
Just a quick update that I got the Hierro 7 and I really like them. The fit is great - I was initially a bit concerned they may be too narrow for me, but they’re fine.

I’ve done a couple of runs, each containing some road, gravel, mud, gloop, tree roots etc, and they’re great. Grip from the outsole is very good, and the midsole has enough cushioning for me.

I’ve nothing much to compare them to, but I’m really pleased with them, so thanks for the suggestion.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by smoke free
I did a massive trail run yesterday. Because we've had no rain I work my super cushioned road shoes. There's about 6 miles of tarmac in the 31 mile route.

Today. Tired, natch, but no foot pain.

Got me thinking, should I think about changing from my Inov8 Roclite trailies and go for some with cushioning?

Thoughts?