The vaporfly thread

88 watchers
SPR
23 Apr
10:53am, 23 Apr 2024
44,046 posts
  •  
SPR
I think there could be something to that in theory but what was your condition in those previous marathons? Weren't you under the weather for this one which likely mean it takes more out of you especially with the faster time?
23 Apr
10:54am, 23 Apr 2024
21,343 posts
  •  
Chrisull
I found my legs worse in Vaporflys than in normal shoes! I never ran a marathon in Alphaflys but found them less stable, but perhaps easier on the legs in 10 mile races.
23 Apr
1:57pm, 23 Apr 2024
1,752 posts
  •  
Chris
Until the last few weeks the build up had been pretty good this time so the legs should have been in a good place
23 Apr
2:37pm, 23 Apr 2024
465 posts
  •  
AJLB
I've had perhaps my easiest recovery, off my fastest marathon, in the AF3s. The Alpha uppers seem to agree with my feet better than the Vapors in terms of blisters, but TBF they're both excellent in allowing swift recovery.
23 Apr
5:32pm, 23 Apr 2024
37,114 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
I’m usually ok after Alphafly don’t do marathons in VF only half’s
23 Apr
5:44pm, 23 Apr 2024
2,335 posts
  •  
auburnette
I ran in vaporfly and my legs are f*cked! but they were fine after my last one so suspect it's just reflecting the level of effort....

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Windsor Wool
somewhere to talk about fast shoes whether you like / believe in them or not

The world has changed a lot since this thread began. Choose your weapon here:

certcheck.worldathletics.org