BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Minimalist Footwear Thread

1 lurker | 104 watchers
6 Jul
12:50pm, 6 Jul 2021
15102 posts
geordiegirl
I had to get something to accommodate a troublesome bunion as I could t wear vibrams as I had a stress reaction in left foot. Honestly you couldn’t make it up. I
Bought the vapour gloves but the lacing panel was across a sore point. The inov8 worked well I managed a 64.5m run in them (with only m 40m of test runs pre race) with zero issues (blister caused by said bunion) just a shame they’re deteriorating so soon.

I had a look at zeros sandals I’ll maybe give them a whirl.
6 Jul
2:55pm, 6 Jul 2021
21946 posts
Red Squirrel
Dunc - I don't wear socks. Longest run (fully on trails) about 13 miles.
7 Sep
3:48pm, 7 Sep 2021
3347 posts
jacdaw
I probably need new fell / trail shoes soon... but my preferred inov8 x talon 200 seems to be unavailable (again) at the moment. Does anybody have a suggestion for similar lightweight low stack fell shoe sort of thing for a wide foot with a bunion? Any views on x talon 255? Thanks.
7 Sep
5:34pm, 7 Sep 2021
3179 posts
Snoot
I’ve got the 200 and 255 as likewise I couldn’t get hold of the right size 200. Had to go up half a size, 200 are 9.5 255 are 10. Took the insoles by out and they are identical in width and length. 255 upper was a bit firmer to start and I ended up with chafing on front of mg ankles, but that was partly due to invisible socks / snow / Reynaulds!!

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Dipper
A place where all efficient schools of running can come together and discussing minimalist footwear.