BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Minimalist Footwear Thread

104 watchers
8 Apr
10:14pm, 8 Apr 2021
14317 posts
geordiegirl
Might have to try vivo’s again which model do you recommend?
SPR
8 Apr
10:23pm, 8 Apr 2021
33870 posts
SPR
I can't truly recommend a model for running as I don't train in them but I'd agree with the comments across the page about the Stealth being a decent model for those that do.
9 Apr
8:01am, 9 Apr 2021
260 posts
AndyS
Back before I got ill, I did all my road training in my Stealth IIIs. I ran PBs at 1 mile, 5k, 10k and 13.1 in them...
9 Apr
8:11am, 9 Apr 2021
49 posts
PAJ89
Seconded what Andy said. I'm not sure if they're on sale on their main site but they have a separate page, Revivo, where they repair old shoes and sell them for a lot cheaper. They have a grade of Excellent, Great or Good depending on state. May be able to find a good bargain on there.
9 Apr
9:15am, 9 Apr 2021
21783 posts
Red Squirrel
PAJ89 - thank you for the Stealth info and that's really helpful about the sizing.

I've got some Primus for walking around. They only had one size left and I can't wear socks with them as my toes would really press against the end.

Geordie - I didn't know about the Bare Inov-8s - I'm going to seriously consider them.

(I've been away from running for over a year due to one injury after another, but determined to get back.)
9 Apr
12:00pm, 9 Apr 2021
50 posts
PAJ89
You're welcome Red Squirrel. I'm not sure how many other people had the same experience as me in terms of sizing down, but it does make it easier to try considering they have a good record of making exchanging easy.
9 Apr
1:46pm, 9 Apr 2021
21785 posts
Red Squirrel
I've got small feet too PAJ89, so that sizing down is important for me to know. Not just small tootsies length-wise but also width and breadth.
9 Apr
2:00pm, 9 Apr 2021
14324 posts
geordiegirl
As my new vibrams are perfect I’ll be selling my vibram trek ascent I’ll stick a post on the buy & sell thread in case anyone is interested
9 Apr
2:31pm, 9 Apr 2021
51 posts
PAJ89
Definitely. The one thing I found a bit difficult with the way they market the shoes is that it took me a little while to accept that the UK 8.0 was too big. I totally understand where they come from because most people do wear shoes that are either too small or too narrow (have worked in sports and running shops for nearly a decade and have seen it so often), so I get why they would want to over emphasise allowing for plenty of space as the extra space does take adjustment for most people new to minimal shoes. Although a 7.5 would probably be the ideal scenario for me if they did half sizes (which I'm pretty sure they never have as a brand which is quite rare), after having ran 350ish miles in the Stealth II (UK 8.0) and 220ish in the Stealth III (UK 7.0), I'm much more confident in the 7.0 and still don't have any concerns of my feet getting mushed up or pressed together. I keep the 8.0 as a walk around shoe now which it is great for.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Dipper
A place where all efficient schools of running can come together and discussing minimalist footwear.