Menopause and running

144 watchers
Sep 2020
6:15pm, 10 Sep 2020
38,253 posts
  •  
Purps
My tinnitus is horrendous :( it's definitely worse during a migraine, which I am currently suffering from.
Sep 2020
6:19pm, 10 Sep 2020
5,429 posts
  •  
Wine Legs
It would seem that there is a relationship then! It mostly doesn't bother me, but it's *there* & can be annoying.
Sep 2020
3:48pm, 24 Sep 2020
3,057 posts
  •  
phal
48 hour ECG booked after two horrible irregular heartbeat episodes this month. Normal ECG done on Tues which was OK. Doing really well not to google what it says on my print out 🤣🤣 Doctor (first year doctor) has been brilliant. Blood tests also sorted - doc did them himself as there was a wait until October with the nurse - one of my thyroid levels was on the low side of OK in a previous test which I hadn’t been told before....

Now to wait.... The conundrum continues. So glad I’ve been recording all the crap that’s been going on - he was impressed with my cycle tracking and linking (or trying to) when things were happening. Always tricky with an irregular cycle though. Now just a case of elimination to see what’s going on hopefully. 🤞🤞🤞

Breathe.
Sep 2020
3:52pm, 24 Sep 2020
12,306 posts
  •  
SarahWoo
Glad that you're getting some attention, phal. Well done for keeping records too xx
Sep 2020
5:29pm, 24 Sep 2020
32,524 posts
  •  
halfpint
It sounds like they’re doing a thorough job Phil. I hope the results give you some useful answers.

I was at GP yesterday for something else and since she was taking blood she is doing a second FSH test. She spoke about possible HRT for bone protection due to age and directed me to Menopause Matters site.
Oct 2020
9:23am, 16 Oct 2020
19,442 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Ladies
I've noticed lately that my hair seems to be coming out a lot more when I brush it
Seem to hoover up more of my hair than our new fluffy cat's hair!
Any idea/suggestions?
Oct 2020
9:36am, 16 Oct 2020
32,797 posts
  •  
halfpint
No suggestions EP, sorry. Menopause is just the gift that keeps on giving isn't it.

I have been pondering something the last couple of weeks. My last cycle was 81 days - the record. From around day 29 (when my period would 'usually' be due) I was experiencing fatigue and lightheadedness. This went on for almost 8 weeks. Then 2 days after my most recent period started my energy levels improved significantly and have remained relatively good. I'm still getting a little bit of lightheadedness but that mostly seems to be going too. I had been thinking the fatigue etc was due to falling off my bike onto my head or possibly even covid related but now I am thinking it's hormone related - does that sound like a reasonable hypothesis?

I will be keeping an eye on things over the next wee while to see if a pattern emerges. Would HRT help with those symptoms?
Oct 2020
9:40am, 16 Oct 2020
19,444 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Sounds logical to me HP
Oct 2020
10:15am, 16 Oct 2020
15,341 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
I certainly found HRT has helped with most symptoms - though I do still get the occasional night sweat, they aren't nearly so bad. In general my sleep has really improved since I started taking it. I am also far less achy in my legs and hips. I was hoping I might get a huge energy boost - which hasn't really happened, but overall I definitely feel much better for taking it.
Oct 2020
11:21am, 16 Oct 2020
3,076 posts
  •  
phal
I think your hypothesis is wise hp.

I started tracking my cycle after IVF to work out what was happening as my hormones were (unsurprisingly) all over the shop. As they have settled I’ve found my first half of my cycle to be fecking awful in terms of emotions and anxiety and the second half much better and more manageable.

I seem to be ‘backwards’ though as the oestrogen kicking in after your period is meant to be when you have more energy (from what I’ve read) Which would fit with what you’ve written.....whereas it just makes me feel crap.

Am waiting for my ECG 48 hour report to be at the docs before I go back for a chat..... I worked out that the previous FSH blood test they did was on day 20 Of my cycle which is the wrong time for it isn’t it???

Start tracking and just making a little note day to day - there’s a lady called Maisie Hill who has written a really informative book called ‘Period Power’ - might be worth giving her a google 👍

About This Thread

Last July a blood test indicated that I was going through the menopause (GP did it as due to using D...

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.