Let's talk about inaugural parkruns after they've happened.

2 lurkers | 310 watchers
Sep 2021
1:51pm, 25 Sep 2021
9,003 posts
  •  
BaronessBL
No results up yet though......
Sep 2021
2:15pm, 25 Sep 2021
299 posts
  •  
bish
Another new one today at Watermead Country Park (just north of Leicester) About 40 minutes from me but there are plenty of closer ones I haven’t done yet.
Sep 2021
3:00pm, 25 Sep 2021
2 posts
  •  
jonpreed
Shh, don't tell everyone! Seems a bit of an odd choice for launch day.

From my partner’s experience starting one recently it’s whenever parkrun HQ tells you that’s your start date rather than a choice by the EDs

Bit of a baptism of fire though I reckon!
Sep 2021
3:58pm, 25 Sep 2021
9,004 posts
  •  
BaronessBL
There is a big backlog at parkrun HQ at the moment so a core team might be working towards a likely start on a particular date only to reach the top of the pile a lot later than expected and find it put back, sometimes more than once.
Sep 2021
4:23pm, 25 Sep 2021
1,868 posts
  •  
Heinzster
I noticed last week that on the 'stats' page it was telling me that my 'average parkrun event' (I don't even know what that means) was one called Harleston Magpies (I didn't know where that was). Anyway when I looked at my stats today and saw it again I did look it up and it would appear that their inaugural was today - not quite sure why it would have been showing as my average event before today but hope it went well for them.

Is this the parkrun closest to the geographical centre of all your parkruns? I had an app showed my average spot (not parkrun) and it was always very close to my parents house.
Sep 2021
4:31pm, 25 Sep 2021
22,478 posts
  •  
Rosehip
I noticed last week that on the 'stats' page it was telling me that my 'average parkrun event' (I don't even know what that means) was one called Harleston Magpies (I didn't know where that was). Anyway when I looked at my stats today and saw it again I did look it up and it would appear that their inaugural was today - not quite sure why it would have been showing as my average event before today but hope it went well for them. Is this the parkrun closest to the geographical centre of all your parkruns? I had an app showed my average spot (not parkrun) and it was always very close to my parents house.

Where did you find that? Mine must be somewhere in the midlands as I’ve only run in Beds and Cumbria
Sep 2021
4:56pm, 25 Sep 2021
49,830 posts
  •  
LindsD
I've run in Australia and Ireland...
Sep 2021
5:37pm, 25 Sep 2021
9,005 posts
  •  
BaronessBL
It's on the list of all the things like stopwatch bingo/running parkruns with all the letters of your name and other 'badges' I can't always see it depending on where I look at my results so I assume it is something I have 'enabled' on one device (probably inadvertently) but not all. Anyway Harleston Magpie's results are up now
Sep 2021
5:39pm, 25 Sep 2021
49,832 posts
  •  
LindsD
I think that's the Chrome extension
Sep 2021
5:49pm, 25 Sep 2021
1,869 posts
  •  
Heinzster
Think that's it. Mine are almost all in NI, but a big majority 6 miles east of my folks. The rest are mostly further West, with a reasonable divide on more Northerly/southerly so it averages out. Australia would definitely change things!

About This Thread

Maintained by sLickster
There may be an inaugural parkrun happening near you. Best to check with the local parkrun volunteers to see if they want you to know about it or not.

Otherwise there are plenty of already established parkruns to go to in the UK and abroad, see: parkrun.org.uk