Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

parkrun thread

2 lurkers | 417 watchers
21 Jan
6:02pm, 21 Jan 2021
5921 posts
Southcoastpete
I think the council class locals as people who can run from their front door to the park and back.

I usually drive over.

Not sure really, to be honest I run there to maybe see some of my running club members, so maybe I missing the point of lockdown.

Actually, there is a park nearer to me, that I've run a flatter 5k, so will use that from now one
22 Jan
8:13am, 22 Jan 2021
712 posts
Hunkyteddy
Pete, I would say if you pay your Council Tax to the same authority that runs the park, you are entitled to run in it. I know these are extreme times but it simply isnt right that you would be denied access to a park that you effectively pay for.
23 Jan
12:10am, 23 Jan 2021
649 posts
njosmith
Family parkrun for me this morning. First parkrun for my boy (aged 5) and second my my daughter (aged 8). Both really enjoyed in an we finished 10 minutes quicker than my daughter's first run all around 52 minutes. I think my boy would have run a bit more if we hadn't walked so much at my daughter's request but the walking breaks probably helped him at the end as well.
25 Jan
5:49pm, 25 Jan 2021
5923 posts
Southcoastpete
Good point HT, though it was parkun making the request, so I respected it.

Did a 5k run in a nearer park. A nice flat course, so nearly 2 minutes faster.

Will stick to this park for the rest of lockdown.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Hendo
A discussion of all things parkrun.

Here's a wiki giving brief reviews of parkruns up and down the land:

fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=545

Note: Hendo is a boy.