Inbetweenies - not skinny, not fat, need to lose around a stone ...

113 watchers
azx
May 2021
7:00am, 21 May 2021
297 posts
  •  
azx
Thanks Rosehip. Yeah, I think reaching target weight is just an intermediate step. 80% of people put the weight they lost back on, or more. I don't want to be in that 80% this time.
May 2021
7:02am, 21 May 2021
456 posts
  •  
OatcakeMonster
Amazing azx, really well done!
May 2021
7:17am, 21 May 2021
981 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
Great work Azx a great attitude and for the best to watch with maintaining your weight.Great job !!
May 2021
7:21am, 21 May 2021
7,704 posts
  •  
Mouseytongue
Very well done, azx!
May 2021
10:19am, 21 May 2021
73,885 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Great going AZX!
I bought some treats last week, including chocolate. Last night was the first time I had a couple of squares.

I will weigh myself next weekend and if my belt notches are anything to go by, I will be back to normal. I am guessing 66 kgs...
May 2021
11:15am, 21 May 2021
98 posts
  •  
Hibeedeb
Well done Azx! That’s an impressive loss!

I am still losing slowly, despite a drastic increase in my chocolate intake. I am sticking pretty much to low carb, with the very occasional BBQd tatties and bread.

Funny how taste buds change. I used to eat milk chocolate and dislike dark, but my fave now is 90 or 95% dark, which is perfectly sweet.

I’m a bit alarmed at the 80% stat. I hope none of us fall into that group
May 2021
11:17am, 21 May 2021
73,902 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Yeah, I knew a shocking nymber of people put their weight back on... Didn't know it was as much as 80%!
I am intent to keep fitting into my clothes!
I think it is too risky to buy bigger clothes... No way back!!!
May 2021
3:43pm, 21 May 2021
2,221 posts
  •  
WtnMel
azx - that's great news on the continued weight loss.

Hanneke - hope the belt notches are telling the right story - fingers crossed for the next weigh-in. Re buying bigger clothes - I do keep some things I've grown too big for as motivation to be able to get back into them.

Hibeedeb - I'm the same .. used to prefer milk chocolate but like dark chocolate nowadays.

I'm also quite surprised about that 80% figure .. never been one for 'crash' diets so my weight loss/gain over the years has been due to other factors (lack of running = up; retiring and not sat at a desk all day = down)

Been managing to resist the worst of the 'treats' lately and been pleased to see my weight decreasing very slightly during the week. The Trendweight graph has finally started heading downwards again - but tells me it will be Nov 2028 before I reach my goal :) (I did say my weight had been decreasing very slightly!). Too early to know if I've turned a corner but obviously need to make some more 'tweaks' to my diet to get the trend going down more steeply.
azx
May 2021
4:00pm, 21 May 2021
300 posts
  •  
azx
Cheers all.

There are probably lots of figures on this, I think this is the link I came across: webmd.com
"By some estimates, 80% of people who successfully lose at least 10% of their body weight will gradually regain it to end up as large or even larger than they were before they went on a diet"

I must admit I'm one of them. I've gone up and down over the years. Am determined (hopeful?!) to keep this under control this time. I think using MFP has been really useful. I might not continue to log my food all the time, but it's given me a good understanding of how much I can eat and what the rough calorific cost of everything is.
May 2021
5:14pm, 21 May 2021
21,179 posts
  •  
Rosehip
I can keep the weight off as long as I keep moving, less running = weight up, retiring and not on feet all day = weight up, etc.

But keeping it off is just as hard as losing in the first place. Keep stepping on the scales daily to keep the yoyo short is my advice. Hopefully this time I'll stick to that.

About This Thread

Maintained by hellen
weight loss