Inbetweenies - not skinny, not fat, need to lose around a stone ...

113 watchers
azx
May 2021
11:04am, 14 May 2021
286 posts
  •  
azx
Morning. Bit of a roller-coaster week. I'm eating and drunking all sorts of stuff at weekends and then it takes me the rest of the week to get back into equilibrium. Last Friday I was 67.5kg, went up to 69.5 by Monday, and down to 66.4 today. Also first time I've seen 17.x% BF on the scale today too. This weekend will probably be more of the same as my wife drags(ish) me to the pub for Sunday lunch.

I stopped drinking for 3 months, but now might have a drink at weekends if I go out. Still making progress though.
May 2021
11:11am, 14 May 2021
21,085 posts
  •  
Rosehip
I'm still not drinking alcohol, which is helping.
My year to date loss is now a stone :) - but it's so frustratingly slow.

Next target is to get to where I was in July '19 before I retired. If I can lose 7lb in the next 10 weeks I shall be v pleased.

There is a definite correlation between my non-deliberate-exercise movement and my weight, I need to keep working on that and not spend so much time on the sofa between runs.
May 2021
11:17am, 14 May 2021
962 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
Great job Rosehip well done:-)

Azx Good progress!
May 2021
11:33am, 14 May 2021
92 posts
  •  
Hibeedeb
Well done Rosehip - I feel your pain - it seems like if I have a couple of lazy days I start putting on weight. I’m maintaining at the moment, but would like to shift another 3-4 kg

Azx - that’s impressive!

WP - glad you enjoyed your break!

We are finally seeing some warm weather here in Ontario, but are still under a stay at home order. I can at least still run though
azx
May 2021
12:51pm, 14 May 2021
288 posts
  •  
azx
Cheers all. Nice going Rosehip.
May 2021
4:54pm, 14 May 2021
453 posts
  •  
OatcakeMonster
Some good progress going on!

I've had a pretty good week of increased exercise (mainly walking) and more balanced eating courtesy of Anita Bean recipes (I've been impressed with the ones I've tried so far). I'm now really trying to hit 10,000 steps every day, which is about 4 miles or so for me.

Pre December I wouldn't bother if I had a static day, as I thought my runs would compensate. My ankle is now good enough for me to run probably 4 miles, 3 times a week. So I'm going to do that, but also continue with getting min 10,000 steps every day. And I'll try to keep the step count going, even when I'm back to running longer distances. As then I should be able to eat more cake, right? 😉

Weight appears to be a little less this week, but I think it's too early to say it's a trend! I'll wait another week or so before I claim that. Feeling motivated though, and hearing about everyone else's achievements is definitely helpful!
May 2021
5:59pm, 14 May 2021
73,625 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I think moving every day is key! I didn't as such because my gardening wears me out but the last couple of weeks I haven't worked full days, have cooked two meals a day, as a result felt more energetic and less inclined to snack and I will do at least 1 km of fast walking a day. I haven't weighed myself, but...
My belt now goes back on the he where it used to be!!!
azx
May 2021
6:18pm, 14 May 2021
289 posts
  •  
azx
I try and get a walk in if I'm not running or cycling. I took two days off after my long ride last Saturday and aimed to get my steps in. My step goal is 13k/day. Actually got a record last month at 601k, including running steps of course. Won't be anywhere near that this month I don't think.
May 2021
6:22pm, 14 May 2021
454 posts
  •  
OatcakeMonster
That's great hanneke, and yes I think how my clothes feel and the notch on the belt is a better indicator for me too, rather than focusing just on weight.

13k steps a day is definitely something for me to aspire too!
May 2021
6:27pm, 14 May 2021
21,088 posts
  •  
Rosehip
I used to regularly hit 20000 a day:
two dog walks, walk to and from work, on feet all day at work
then any running would be on top of that
This is why I put on weight when I retired and even more when we lost the dog.

About This Thread

Maintained by hellen
weight loss