Fetchie Flab Fighters

79 watchers
28 Mar
10:12am, 28 Mar 2024
2,084 posts
  •  
Shades
Geordiegirl - that's good that you were able to get a good night's sleep.

RevB - there's snow on Dartmoor.

Well done on the swimming improvement, and the fasting. 21 hours, that's a long time, you're not short of willpower.

I'm still struggling with the kg weights as well, but I'm sticking with it for now, even though I have put a lbs column on my spreadsheet.

You're doing really well and continue as you're doing and you will find a weight that you are happy with, that you can maintain easily and keeps you in good health.
28 Mar
10:18am, 28 Mar 2024
3,648 posts
  •  
RevBarbaraG
Shades - there were a couple of cars with snow on at the leisure centre - and we’re 40 minutes from Dartmoor!

The thing with fasting is that, for me at least, the idea is much worse than the reality. In practice, any hunger is mild and short-lived, As long as I keep hydrated, I feel fine.
28 Mar
10:28am, 28 Mar 2024
3,734 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
We had snow over night around 5" and our mountain has thick snow. We never get this much snow.
28 Mar
10:36am, 28 Mar 2024
2,085 posts
  •  
Shades
RevB - I have heard with fasting that it's often easier to eat nothing than to eat a tiny amount of food, which leads to wanting more.

WP - were you able to run today in the snow? I don't mind a short run in fresh snow but when it's slushy or icy I stay home.
28 Mar
10:46am, 28 Mar 2024
3,735 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
I was able to run as like you fresh snow is great to run on and I made it a short run.I would not run on slushy/icy snow.
It looks like it will all be washed away by the rain.
28 Mar
11:04am, 28 Mar 2024
2,086 posts
  •  
Shades
WP - good you could get out in the snow.
28 Mar
11:40am, 28 Mar 2024
22,064 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
That’s a great drop Pam! Well done.

I do love a run on fresh snow. The weather is mad isn’t it we drove through torrential rain a couple of hours again thankfully dried up again.
28 Mar
4:37pm, 28 Mar 2024
3,649 posts
  •  
RevBarbaraG
@Shades - it is true that eating nothing for a defined period is easier than eating a smaller amount of something all the time.

Studies comparing fasting with caloric restriction show up some interesting differences. Although total average calorie intake was similar over the two groups and weight loss was similar, the fasting group had no reduction in metabolic rate beyond what you would expect as a consequence of them weighing less. The calorie restriction group did. In addition, while blood insulin levels fell in both groups, they fell more in the fasting group. That indicates a greater improvement in their insulin sensitivity. That’s a good thing, for a whole host of reasons.
28 Mar
4:38pm, 28 Mar 2024
3,650 posts
  •  
RevBarbaraG
But of course it’s got to about what suits the individual.
28 Mar
5:50pm, 28 Mar 2024
751 posts
  •  
GetOutTheDoor
Sadly I get properly hangry if I fast. My brain goes to a very strange place.

About This Thread

Maintained by Mandymoo
Here we go another year, another start to the weight loss thread.

Let's give it our all this year and conquer our eating demons.

It's all about small changes, which lead to big changes.

LETS DO IT 🙌

Heres the link for the spreadsheet
docs.google.com

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.