Fetchie Flab Fighters

2 lurkers | 77 watchers
27 Mar
8:05pm, 27 Mar 2024
22,054 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I have so many folk saying log off but when the workload is high and your colleague rang in with a migraine… I did what I could around naps. Today has been more coughing, napping & shivering then being too hot. Joy.

We’re going to the boat tomorrow I could do without it but we won’t get back until May bank holiday weekend and we need to get it sorted. Sadly it needs both of us. We said we’ll book a hotel if I’m struggling. It’s only 2 nights as need to be back for a wedding on Saturday.

Hope your visit to see your mum goes well and nice your partner is coming so you have some company.
27 Mar
8:35pm, 27 Mar 2024
698 posts
  •  
Pam runs
Geordiegirl. Your life is so full on. Do you never just sit and do nothing? I'm guessing being bored is something alien to you. 😲😲
27 Mar
8:38pm, 27 Mar 2024
22,055 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I never sit still hence being sidelined with this virus is killing me! But on a plus I don’t have the strength to move.
28 Mar
8:21am, 28 Mar 2024
2,082 posts
  •  
Shades
Geordiegirl - having lived in Oman, you will know what to expect and your pre race holiday should help with the acclimatisation to change in temperature.

Hope you're starting to feel a bit better today.
28 Mar
8:31am, 28 Mar 2024
699 posts
  •  
Pam runs
Day 18/30 iron completed. Glutes today. I haven't weighed or measured but when I look down stomach doesn't seem to stick out as far. Still got some way to go though. Very happy with that so far as that's the bit I wanted rid of. 😁
28 Mar
8:45am, 28 Mar 2024
1,137 posts
  •  
Non-runner
I am exhausted just reading GG’s posts!
28 Mar
8:55am, 28 Mar 2024
2,083 posts
  •  
Shades
Pam - well done on day 18 done. You should take your measurements for comparison at a later date.

I took my measurements on Monday and I've got good results already even though I've only been on this gym plan for 4 weeks. I'm going to redo my measurements on Monday so will be at the same time as body analyser.

However, it's possible my body analyser appointment may have to be postponed as they're waiting for ink cartridge for the printer 🤐 Council run leisure centre, so complicated and slow process to order supplies.
28 Mar
9:29am, 28 Mar 2024
22,061 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
lol non runner might explain why I’m permanently exhausted.

Hope the ink arrives in time shades.

Pam your doing amazing with iron series and you will undoubtedly be seeing body changes I am seeing little if any movement on the scales but I do feel I look trimmed and comments from friends and colleagues seem to confirm this.

I slept really well last night only woke twice. I feel a bit better today less achy, headache pressure seems to be lifting. The cough is still awful and eating toast is best to still be avoided I tried a slice this morning and spent more time choking.

We’re now southbound to Cambridgeshire to get the boat opened up and cleaned for the season, that I can contemplate doing something is a sign I’m on the last leg of this bug. Thankfully.

I hopped on scales down a fraction 0.1kg but better than nothing!
28 Mar
9:54am, 28 Mar 2024
3,647 posts
  •  
RevBarbaraG
Should have been walking group today….. but with 90% probability of rain, 50mph winds and maximum 8 degrees before wind chill, out on the top of Dartmoor was not the place to be. We emailed the organiser yesterday to say we weren’t coming, and soon afterwards she emailed everyone to say the walk was cancelled.

So, we got up this morning and went for a swim. I did my now-usual 24 lengths (600m) in a noticeably faster time, under 21 minutes (it has been 21:xx for ages).

Yesterday I did a 21 hour fast for the first time, from evening snack on Tuesday to evening meal on Wednesday. I felt fine, my BG was good all day, and overnight last night was noticeably lower than usual. An experiment I will repeat. Today I am back to just skipping breakfast, and since I did have a snack last night that will be 16 hours fasting.

I have been thinking a lot (prematurely, I know) about the longer term, i.e. the maintenance phase. There is the idea of an “emergency rescue plan”, which you implement if you weight rises by more than a certain amount above your goal weight. Trouble is, what should my goal weight be? I know I’ve set 15 stone for now, and I know my body will look and feel very different when I get there. But will I be content? I just don’t know.

Anyhow, I’ve hit on an idea which will do for now, derived from using the trend weight website. It does a moving average of your weight, so the weight it tells me in big numbers is always lagging behind what it says on the scale. So it evens out the day to day variations. However, it says I’m heavier than what the scale says, and that was upsetting me unreasonably. So I’ve changed it to display kg. I don’t have a feel for kilos in the same way, so they don’t have any emotional resonance for me.

It displays to 0.1kg. So now, my rescue plan is that if the whole number of kg ever goes up, I will take the following steps:

1) Cut back on carbs - no bread, pasta, rice, limited fruit
2) Increase fasting

Until such time as the whole number goes back to what it was.

That way - there is no goal as such. I will continue to lose weight until my eating and my body find a balance. But if I start to rebound from that, then a short, sharp correction will halt it in its tracks.

I suspect that, as time goes on and my insulin resistance improves, I will get a bit more lax with the carbs. That’s just human nature, isn’t it? When a “normal meal” was spiking my blood glucose to 15 or 16, you just don’t do it. But if the spike is 9 or 10, you think, well, once in a while that’s OK. But then once in a while becomes weekly, then twice a week, then three times.

So, my trend weight - and my average BG - are the canary in the coal mine. I won’t continue monitoring my BG this closely for ever - not least because the sensors cost £49 each per 14 days. But weighing is free!
28 Mar
10:05am, 28 Mar 2024
700 posts
  •  
Pam runs
Measured fatty bit end of Feb. 36.5in. Today 35in I hope it's accurate but I really can't believe that number. 🤔

About This Thread

Maintained by Mandymoo
Here we go another year, another start to the weight loss thread.

Let's give it our all this year and conquer our eating demons.

It's all about small changes, which lead to big changes.

LETS DO IT 🙌

Heres the link for the spreadsheet
docs.google.com

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.