Alco free beers

43 watchers
Sep 2023
12:56pm, 28 Sep 2023
54,814 posts
  •  
DrPhleecingD
I've been drinking Insel brauerei beers lately, highly recommended. I like the sea salt one and the wet hopped one. Interesting flavours
Sep 2023
11:52pm, 30 Sep 2023
3,380 posts
  •  
tipsku
I had the Sternburg non-alcoholic export beer after the 10k trail race in Leipzig. Given that I live opposite the brewery, I'm surprised that I haven't tried it earlier :)
It was a nice, refreshing drink, I liked the taste. According to their website, it's 0.5% and I can't tell that it has a minimum amount of alcohol in it.
Oct 2023
9:01am, 6 Oct 2023
2,093 posts
  •  
Homeless Kodo
Nirvana Brewery’s London Porter at 0.5% is sooooo good, tastes just like a full fat version.
Oct 2023
9:12am, 6 Oct 2023
47,985 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Free Star - really nice. Found it in either Tesco or Sainsbury recently. freestar.co Much more flavour than some lagers - almost an IPA, but not too hoppy. Really good. :-) G
Oct 2023
1:47pm, 12 Oct 2023
2,961 posts
  •  
Big_G
There is some chat on the giving up alcohol thread about AF drinks, but possibly my comment below may not be suitable there. This talks about the taste/feeling of alcohol so I’ve put it as a spoiler just in case.

I had a Spiritless Old Fashioned on Monday night at a club in Chicago, which was superb. I used to be a big whisky/bourbon drinker, and I feel their AF version matched the taste, and I enjoyed it served in a proper whisky glass. I watched the bartender make it so I know there was no alcohol in it, but it tasted like there was. It somehow had a kind of kick to it, similar to that kick/tingle in the back of the throat that alcohol gives.

I’ve googled it, but if anyone has a recipe for the AF version, please let me know.

I also had 5 or 6 different AF beers whilst in Chicago. All nice, but this my favourite. Really smooth, and tasty.

Oct 2023
2:05pm, 12 Oct 2023
48,072 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
There are lots of fermented botanicals with a kick now G. I think it's great but prob good call to not put on TBOGUA thread . :-) G
Oct 2023
2:31pm, 12 Oct 2023
5,941 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Got given a can of Erdinger at the end of the Glasgow to Edinburgh ultra on Saturday. Was my first AF beer for ages, really enjoyed it with a curry :-)
Oct 2023
2:53pm, 12 Oct 2023
48,076 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I didn't used to think Erdinger was much better than other lagers but recently have really liked it. Very refreshing. :-) G
Oct 2023
3:01pm, 12 Oct 2023
3,447 posts
  •  
Kittenheels Kath
I have just discovered Leffe alcohol free, and it's surprisingly good, almost treacly.
Oct 2023
3:23pm, 12 Oct 2023
22,316 posts
  •  
larkim
Big fan of Leffe and Erdinger as thirst quenchers with a bit of decent taste to them.

I also like the Elvis Juice (grapefruit infused) Brewdog one which comes in the 8 pack variety pack.

About This Thread

Maintained by larkim
What's your favourite zero / low alcohol beer, now there's loads for sale?

Which rank highly, and which are just rank? Offers, special deals, tasting notes, recommendations, all welcome!