Hi ,
It looks like you're using an ad blocker, which is understandable if you don't like ads. Who does really? However, our site is free for you to use because of a mixture of adverts and voluntary donations from users. Please consider enabling ads for our website, or making a voluntary donation.
Thanks,
Ian Williams - Fetcheveryone

The Sub 3:15 Marathon Thread

5 lurkers | 290 watchers

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.
23 Mar
9:40am, 23 Mar 2019
14310 posts
Chrisull
106 miles for me in the past 13 days including 2*20 milers and 1 P&D session along with plenty of strength and flexibility work. Hmm this distance has surprised even myself. After this week I will through a couple of P&D MLRs see how it goes.

Also HR still running 4/5 bpm below what it was last year and the year before. Decisions to be made!
24 Mar
11:13pm, 24 Mar 2019
First-time poster!!
MoKenHaile
Evening people this is my first ever post on fetch. I am currently training for Manchester hoping for sub 3:15. Training has gone well and i ran a 1:26 half last week. This will be my 8th marathon my pb being 3:26 in London last year. Wondering whether taking 11 minutes off my pb is likely given the above.
7:01am
7:01am, 25 Mar 2019
961 posts
Oscar the grouch
Wilkommen, bienvenue, welcome....

I'd say you are right in the ball park, but there's lots more experienced folk here than me will be along presently. Hard to tell from the training that I can see on your profile.
7:03am
7:03am, 25 Mar 2019
7089 posts
larkim
1:26 looks like you're in a great position to go under 3:15, but like OTG says knowing more about your overall training would give a better indication.

Are you better trained this time than you were for your 3:26?

Welcome, by the way!!
jda
7:33am
7:33am, 25 Mar 2019
4086 posts
jda
London was slow for most people last year due to the heat, so that's one thing.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

For those who want to go sub 3.15 in a marathon and/or those that have already done it and want to give advice. Share your journey (or help someone else's!) here.

Spring 2019....
These are marathon plans for racing, or participating for fun/training purposes(*):
---------------------------------
April 7 - Rotterdam - Uyuni
April 15 - Boston - HappyG(rrr)(*)
April 28 - London - Jovi Runner
May 5 - North Dorset - Rog T
NEW NEWS
medal pint champagne *fist-bump* etc.
Successes in 2019:
- Ian5 (Gran Canaria 3:11)

parkrun spreadsheet:
docs.google.com
Anyone found to be negatively affecting their marathon training with the aim of doing well in this game will be made to read all the Deathmatch threads.
POTM (flexibily defined...)
Gobi #63166, p.6545
(updated 09/02/2018)
Especially:
"""Guys n Gals - I implore you to think about the effort, wear an HRM but learn about RPE and mostly put away ego and thoughts about natural pace.

Speed is earned through smart running"""